new tv aerial ?

michaelbrov

Behemoth
Hi guys my old TV aerial is letting in water down the coax, its the first time i`ve ever seen anything like that. Anyway I`m after a new aerial i`ve done a bit of research and found webro wf100 coax is the go to stuff, but my question is what is a good decent aerial? I`m about 8 miles from emley moor mast transmitter.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Water in Ariel. Wasn’t this bloke was it telling you. At 3 minutes

62tucker

Site Supporter
We got new one fitted at caravan for £70. The new ones are small. About a foot long

michaelbrov

Behemoth
there is actually water coming out of the aerial i put the end in a glass and it started to fill up so i cut it and ragged it out of the house .
is there any aerial fitters on here that could reccomend a decent aerial?

Somersetlad

Labgear X-Beam Mast Aerial isthe one you need £16.99, if your 0nly 8 miles from the transmitter, it would be ok in the loft (obviously if it's pointing through the roof, rather than all the lofts on a terrace. If you're mounting it outside, make sure you dress the cable so there is a loop sticking up, and a bitos filicon sealant round the connection box wouldn't come amiss. Or just replace the cable, if it's been outside in all weather for 20 years the pvc jacket will have perished enough to let water in, there's not much that go wrong with the aerial itself.

templegater

Site Supporter
It sounds like the installation not the actual aerial. Water runs down the cable and if the hole in the wall isnt sealed it will come in.
The cable should be looped before it enters the building so the cable enters on the upward slope if that makes sense.
The hole needs to be sealed correctly also.

fish4alarf

Site Supporter
The reason for water in your coax, is the cap has probably come off the top of the aerial, the coax needs changing as it will corrode the connection to and in the tv. pm me your address, i am west mids, i might be able help.