New TDX

Dchambo

Hi all, does anybody know if Daiwa are making a new tdx model? I know they upgraded the tdm and also put (19) in the model description, I’m assuming this represents the year! If so the tdx is still at (16)! Don’t want to buy the (16) if they are in the process of upgrading! Thanks for any positive replies, Dale

PeteC

I've just bought a tdx qda 2506 and yes I guess they are at the end of their production run as generally they are in short supply and are now well discounted (paid £149.00). I must say I love it..ok it doesn't have a button release spool or a folding handle which are very minor irritations to me...but it just works for me...it's light has a short distance from seat to spool and is a joy to use......like it so much I've ordered another, guess you can't get a better recommendation than that. Suppose the only downside is that spare spools are damn nigh £50 but with 2 reels I've got 4 spools to play with now anyway.
I tried the tdr and the tdm models too (as well as a whole host of others makes and models) and didn't find them as friendly (to me anyway), felt a bit heavy for me as I do have issues with my hands. It's the first fixed spool reel that I've ever bought that I feel 100% happy with and can use all day with no problems...happy bunny or what ?
As far as anew model is concerned I suppose your guess is as good as mine, daiwa don't have anything in their catalogue at the moment so who knows what they have planned.....

Dchambo

Thanks pete, really helpfull mate, just don’t want to go to the expense of buying one then the new one comes out ?.just out of curiosity mate where did you order yours from?

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
I think a new TDX is likely later thius year or next, the 16 is gone from Daiwa UK website now and that leaves no magsealed match reels for the UK market.

I think it's likely we'll see a 20 TDX or 21 TDX before long.

Wonder what they'll remove though? Current TDR lost magsealed from the older version.

Irishhybrids

Site Supporter
Can’t see it being this year , factory is still shut and the 4012 TDR are sold out everywhere and be mid October when a new batch will be available that’s not already been ordered

Dchambo

Thanks for the input lads, really helps?While you boys are on and obviously know you’re Daiwa gear what about the tournament pro 11 foot feeder rod, is it worth the price tag or are there other makes on the market as good or better?

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
Can’t see it being this year , factory is still shut and the 4012 TDR are sold out everywhere and be mid October when a new batch will be available that’s not already been ordered

Think the reels come out of China or Malaysia to be fair, won't be long until they're back up and running.

PeteC

Thanks pete, really helpfull mate, just don’t want to go to the expense of buying one then the new one comes out ?.just out of curiosity mate where did you order yours from?

I got mine from Nathan's of a Derby.....really helpful guys. Think they still have some but you would need to check as they could be the double handled versions which I didn't particularly like.....

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
Thanks for the input lads, really helps?While you boys are on and obviously know you’re Daiwa gear what about the tournament pro 11 foot feeder rod, is it worth the price tag or are there other makes on the market as good or better?

If i was looking to spend that sort of money on a daiwa rod for regular commie fishing i'd get the Air AGS feeder, all rods are 2 lengths, i.e 9/10ft 10/11ft 11/12ft

more versatility for the money. 11ft feeder and 10ft bomb rod in one if you don't mind re-tackling. *EDIT* nvm, Tournament pro has those options too :D

Other rods about, depends what stamp of fish you're after and how far you'll be casting etc.