New Shimano site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
For those of you that use Shimano Tackle there is a new website.....
http://www.shimanofelindre.co.uk/
This is for Shimano after sales,with an FAQ section,some 40 exploded veiws and various other bits an bobs.

Peter.
Datafile2.gif

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

angler-mark

Hi Peter, I have just sent a letter of complaint to this repair centre in response of having to pay 18-00 for a repair to a baitrunner reel that I bought from Derby Angling Centre. The reel in question was 1 of a pair and both were purchased some 8 months ago. It had a problem with the clutch and 4 months ago was replaced by the shop because of it (FOC). Then just before my holiday the replaced reel developed the same problem, so I returned it to the shop and they sent it to this repair centre. I called in on Sunday and was told it has been repaired but the warranty did not cover this repair and I had to pay 18-00p. When I asked for an explanation of what the fault was, they couldn't tell me but it seems that this repair centre seems to charge quite a few customers for repairs sent back under warranty. It makes me wonder whether the Shimano warranty is worth the paper it is printed on to be honest. I'm waiting for a reply to my letter and will let you know the outcome. The shop said that many of the warranty repairs they send are being charged for in this way.
I will post the outcome of this but to be fair to the repair centre, will wait until I hear their comments of my complaint.

Tight Lines

Mark

Beebs

The Shimano Felindre fishery is about 2 miles from where I grew up as a kid. It was known as 'The trout farm.' My mate's dad owned a farm quite close to it so we used to hike across the fields with a rod and reel and freeline slugs for the fish there. They were always a bit wary of worms but they used to go mental for slugs.
This was a couple of years before it was opened as a fishery so there was never anybody around so we used to pull huge bags of rainbow trout out of there and take them home and give them away to anybody who wanted them (a bit weird, but I don't actually like fish!!!) We never got caught once in all the times we went there. AHHH the joys of youth.

angler-mark

Just recieved a letter from Shimano about my letter of complaint for being charged 18-00p for a repair that should have been under warranty. They explained to me that the shop that I bought the reel from had not informed them that it was sent back under warranty and they had charged me for a service. They couldn't apologise enough and have also been in touch with Angling Centre Derby and arranged with them to give me a full refund.
As you can imagine, I am very satisfied with the outcome and thank Felindre Servicing (Shimano After Sales), for their promp reply and handling of my complaint. Well Done! Shimano.

Tight Lines

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.