new Shimano Baitrunner reels bought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Lazarus
Hi all ,
After the disaster with one my Shimano Big baitrunner reels decided to get some new Shimano Baitrunners reels so went over to Fisherman Friends yesterday morning &finlly settled on 3 of these for my 3 rod carp fishing sessions.
Iwas going over to get another Shimano bait runner to match my other 2
so decided to replace the Broken&get another on the replace to the other bait runner to keep them all the same.
SHIMANO SUPER BAITRUNNER 10000XTE-A
(SBTA10000XTEA)
http://www.fishfriend.co.uk/product.asp?s=4kpa5q292905&strParents=&CAT_ID=92&P_ID=2546
Just scroll down till you get to them.
Having this years 2010 model's out of this years new Shimano Catalogue.
Hope fully pick them up next Sunday morning.
Going to cost just over 30.00 per month on 12 months interest credit.

Last edited:

pham

Nice reels them mate! But can't really go wrong with Shimano! I'm still considering replacing my LCs for some Daiwa Windcasts but I'm unsure as I think I may miss them!

slappy

has waved bye bye
Site Supporter
nice one larry,i use the baby pits lovely reels like pham says can t go wrong i ve had the twin power reels too ......im the same was going change my baby pits for maybe lc or windcasts i ve just got some emblem pro with qd spools and spare spools for my marker spod work pukka reels really are

Larry

Lazarus
Pham &Slappy,
I only buy Shimano in Reel's& Rod's think there quality is second to none.Had most of my Shimano Tackle over 8 years now &can't fault it never had a problem with any of it.
It still looks as good a new.

slappy

has waved bye bye
Site Supporter
mine looks as good as new too,thats because i just collect fishing gear nowadays,lol

very true larry

pham

Well I bit the bullet and bought a set of Windcast Z 5500s today! First impression is great! Took them for a cast to bed em in and was out casting my LCs! They are alot lighter too! I wasn't sure about not using a baitrunner as I do like em, but must admit the QD is abit nifty! Quarter of a turn and you've gone from freespining (or as freespining as I'll ever use anyway) to solid. And they're shiny, lol!

Still got the LCs for now though! They are bombproof and only time and plenty of fishing will tell whether the Daiwas are up to it!

Last edited:

rawww

Got the xtea's myself larry but the 6000 model instead as a rarly need to cast 120+ yards so no need for anything bigger, got a nice finish on them and mine have been bullet proof since ive had them.

Larry

Lazarus
Originally posted by rawww

Got the xtea's myself larry but the 6000 model instead as a rarly need to cast 120+ yards so no need for anything bigger, got a nice finish on them and mine have been bullet proof since ive had them.
I don't normally cast that far but the extra money they cost over the 6000's thought i might as well have them .Cost about 0.50 per week more.
Also may think of going fishing in France sometime in the future they may come in useful then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.