New shildon

Status
Not open for further replies.

keiranrussell

New shilon angling club pond rarely advertised online is somewhere i need to share with people. its a small club water located on dale road in shildon down the dirt track. you need to walk right past the old ponds into the new ones all the down the track.day tickets are 5 pound and there are two ponds stocked (one over run with weeds) but the first pond is fishing unstoppably, i see people with no fishing idea coming down chucking a piece of corn in and even get the odd fish and with an idea its great. i fish the deeper side of the pond as you first arrive or against a lily pad bed, also casting into the middle of the pond near the island or weed beds is full of ide and roach. fishing on maggot/worm/caster produces everything you can imagine however can take some gettin past a 1oz-4oz fish however corn small meat pellet bread hemp produces amazing fish tench from ounces to pounds, bream all coming out one pound plus, small carp, brown gold fish, crucian, alot of ide, roach and rudd, the odd bigger carp up to 8 pound, alot of small barbel coming out up to a pound or 2, the pond is just fishing great and i reccommend it to anybody looking to catching around 100+ fish from a small local fishery.

keiranrussell

Bankside if anybody decides to venture round can be rare. its a great lake and i think the first sat of the month is a junior match was when i was younger.

njm75

Is this the pond in shildon opposite the ind estate just off the island for redworth /darlo ????? If not please can you give a little more detail how to find it(have direction skilss of a dead homing pigeon)

keiranrussell

no thats fieldsons youve got, this is on dale road in shildon just over the railway bridge if you come from the industrial way go along till you pass shildon motor garage at the top of dale road, after going down dale road there is an opening to the dirt road down to the pond

mally

does any one have a conntact name and no for shildon angling club
i was a member some years ago but work commitment let me lapse
tried to find contacts but not very sucsessful
looking forward to any reply
thanks mally

Status
Not open for further replies.