New seatbox recommendations please

groggy

My trusty old preston space station compact xs is getting too heavy for my old shoulders now and I dont really want to go down the route of a trolly/barrow so does anyone have any thoughts for a new box? I've always gone with preston but like the guru and matrix stuff. But....how do they compare in weight?
Incidentally...does anyone know how heavy my spacestation is empty by any chance I have no scales to weigh with!

Thanks for reading

tedstriker

Site Supporter
I have a matrix p25 (original not the mk2) and its a great box, compact and lightweight and very very sturdy

groggy

Any weights? I just weighed my spacestation with some dodgy scales off my neighbiur at 21kgs with all my gear in

The Hitman

Site Supporter
I have Matrix S36, great box, it is heavy though. Previously had a Maver compact box which was light but found it very narrow.
Matrix much wider which helps with room.
Plenty on Matrix boxes in our club, good reviews.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
My trusty old preston space station compact xs is getting too heavy for my old shoulders now and I dont really want to go down the route of a trolly/barrow so does anyone have any thoughts for a new box? I've always gone with preston but like the guru and matrix stuff. But....how do they compare in weight?
Incidentally...does anyone know how heavy my spacestation is empty by any chance I have no scales to weigh with!

Thanks for reading
The preston inception sl30 without footplate is 7.6 kg .... I dont know how good they are but I had a look around for you .

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter

Thanks for reading
logo.png

Menu
  • Home /
  • Seat Boxes /
  • MK18 Ultralight Seat Box Drawer (B02) & Swivel Tray (C02)

packed_ultralow.jpg
setup_ultra.jpg packed_ultralow.jpg

MK18 Ultralight Seat Box Drawer (B02) & Swivel Tray (C02)
MK18 Octbox Compact Seat Box with 3 Drawers & Swivel Tray ConfigurationDesigned for the mobile angler that needs something ultra light to carry on his shoulder.Essentially a strong stable seat with Bait waiter that acts as a height adjusable storage shelf when docked on the underside of the seat frame.The leg system has been tested with weights in excess of 1000kg (1T) without the non marking leg clamps slipping and the bespoke solid alloy grip feet have been designed to grip on slippery ground including wet greasy wooden boards. The Baitwiater when docked under the seat gives the angler a deep storage area deep enough for reels and bait boxes to be stored. Access is achieved by uncliping and lifting the drawer module. By having everything ready to go for the days fishing i.e bait, towel etc in the baitwaiter which can be undocked and fitted to the side in seconds means the angler can be setup and ready in just a couple of minutes. Supplied with either 1 x 6.5cm drawer with trays or 1x2cm and 1x4cm Drawer Bait waiter and Swiveling Tray. Pictures for illustration purposes only. Bait boxes not included Weight - with Baitwaiter and Drawers fitted 8.5 Kg
Availability: In stock
Excl. Tax: £281.67 Incl. Tax:£338.00

*Drawer Option
  • 1 drawer 7cm drawer
  • 1x2 1x4cm
* Required Fields
less
more
ADD TO BAG

DETAILS
Additional Drawers can be added.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
ManufacturerNo
Special PriceNo
WRITE YOUR OWN REVIEW
You're reviewing: MK18 Ultralight Seat Box Drawer (B02) & Swivel Tray (C02)
How do you rate this product? *
1 star2 stars3 stars4 stars5 stars
Price
Quality
Value
  • *Nickname

• *Summary of Your Review

• *Review
SUBMIT REVIEW
OCTBOX VIDEOS
Click here to view our videos
DELIVERY
We despatch with the courier DPD and delivery is usually 4 to 5 working days.
dpd_delivery.jpg
MORE INFO
INFORMATION
SITEMAP
Copyright © 2014 Octbox GmbH. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Ecommerce Solutions by SiteWizard
Payment Logos

Back to Top. I think this would be my choice ,they also do boxes with foot plates . Brilliant boxes in my opinion ,I have had 2 octboxes .

Paul.P

One of the beauty's of the octbox is that it is a barrow within itself, you just fit the wheel/wheels, no need to have to transport & assemble a separate barrow system, & also you can make it as light as you wish without having to alter the seat height as the top frame is independently adjustable of the bottom one, it may not be the prettiest box, but its certainly the most practicle/adaptable.

groggy

logo.png

Menu
  • Home /
  • Seat Boxes /
  • MK18 Ultralight Seat Box Drawer (B02) & Swivel Tray (C02)

packed_ultralow.jpg
setup_ultra.jpg packed_ultralow.jpg

MK18 Ultralight Seat Box Drawer (B02) & Swivel Tray (C02)
MK18 Octbox Compact Seat Box with 3 Drawers & Swivel Tray ConfigurationDesigned for the mobile angler that needs something ultra light to carry on his shoulder.Essentially a strong stable seat with Bait waiter that acts as a height adjusable storage shelf when docked on the underside of the seat frame.The leg system has been tested with weights in excess of 1000kg (1T) without the non marking leg clamps slipping and the bespoke solid alloy grip feet have been designed to grip on slippery ground including wet greasy wooden boards. The Baitwiater when docked under the seat gives the angler a deep storage area deep enough for reels and bait boxes to be stored. Access is achieved by uncliping and lifting the drawer module. By having everything ready to go for the days fishing i.e bait, towel etc in the baitwaiter which can be undocked and fitted to the side in seconds means the angler can be setup and ready in just a couple of minutes. Supplied with either 1 x 6.5cm drawer with trays or 1x2cm and 1x4cm Drawer Bait waiter and Swiveling Tray. Pictures for illustration purposes only. Bait boxes not included Weight - with Baitwaiter and Drawers fitted 8.5 Kg
Availability: In stock

*Drawer Option
  • 1 drawer 7cm drawer
  • 1x2 1x4cm
* Required Fields
less
more
ADD TO BAG

DETAILS
Additional Drawers can be added.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
ManufacturerNo
Special PriceNo
WRITE YOUR OWN REVIEW
You're reviewing: MK18 Ultralight Seat Box Drawer (B02) & Swivel Tray (C02)
How do you rate this product? *
1 star2 stars3 stars4 stars5 stars
Price
Quality
Value
  • *Nickname

• *Summary of Your Review

• *Review
SUBMIT REVIEW
OCTBOX VIDEOS
Click here to view our videos
DELIVERY
We despatch with the courier DPD and delivery is usually 4 to 5 working days.
dpd_delivery.jpg
MORE INFO
INFORMATION
SITEMAP
Copyright © 2014 Octbox GmbH. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Ecommerce Solutions by SiteWizard
Payment Logos

Back to Top. I think this would be my choice ,they also do boxes with foot plates . Brilliant boxes in my opinion ,I have had 2 octboxes .
I like the look of this....I will check this aswell...
Thanks

groggy

One of the beauty's of the octbox is that it is a barrow within itself, you just fit the wheel/wheels, no need to have to transport & assemble a separate barrow system, & also you can make it as light as you wish without having to alter the seat height as the top frame is independently adjustable of the bottom one, it may not be the prettiest box, but its certainly the most practicle/adaptable.
Do all octboxes come with wheels then? The one above doesnt say?

bricky72

Site Supporter
Also try Alan Lockwood on Facebook he made me a stool and it’s fantastic so light and does the job

GobioTractor

Second hand "micro matchbox" from about 20 years ago. A lightweight little Tardis. Probably quite difficult to source unfortunately.

Nicky Dodds

Tardis compact was a great little box let down by the footplates available at the time. They only made it for about a year so no development of extra units or footplates. Only 3 drawers but there were front or side options. I had to modify mine to get extra winder space and unpick a standard size footplate to shorten it to fit. Obviously it got a little heavier.

groggy

I think I'm going to go for the inception sl30....it sounds like its half the weight of my current box