New Seat Box

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
Im looking at replacing my Preston seat box and most of my favoured replacements have 36 mm legs. All my box attachments have the Preston 28/30 mm fittings. Are their adapters available or would it mean replacing all my accessories ? Plus, how do you adjust the distance between the seat and footplate on a Z frame type box?

Last edited:

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Im looking at replacing my Preston seat box and most of my favoured replacements have 36 mm legs. All my box attachments have the Preston 28/30 mm fittings. Are their adapters available or would it mean replacing all my accessories ? Plus, how do you adjust the distance between the seat and footplate on a Z frame type box?
When I swapped out my old Daiwa box last year for an Absolute 36 I had the same quandary. I ended up replacing all my old attachments as I required them. I couldn't find an easy way to convert my old ones without going all Heath Robinson and boy did some of them look strange with my home made contraptions. As to distance the only way to adjust height to footplate was to add trays to the box. I bought the absolute 100mm tray and that worked perfectly along with the pre-fitted drawer for me