New seat box and feeder rod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo

Ive looked back over previous posts and cant really find any info on tackle boxes. Any ideas and advice appreciated price range doesnt really matter as its going to last a lifetime i hope [:)]

Also i am thinking of buying one of the new Preston Carbonactive feeder rods any one got one and are they any good?

Thanx for any help Jimbo

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Jimbo,
For a bit on seatboxes have a look HERE [:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

MALC

Hi Jimbo,

Don't bother with a new seat box get yourself a nice comfy Carp Chair [:)][:)] so you can watch the Rugby lads do the biz in the Summer series in comfort [;)][;)]

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

matt

Site Supporter
Hi Jimbo, if your're after a new seatbox and don't mind paying then look no further than the brilo range. i bought mine 3 years ago and it is still as good as new, handmade, excellent craftmanship and i'm hoping will last a lifetime. it is a bit on the heavy side when loaded up with tackle, but then what box isn't? a few months ago i lost one of the handles to the drawers, phoned brilo and 2 days later recieved a replacement in the post completely free.
top marks to brilo

tight lines, matt[:D][:D]

HEY DUDE............

hull tyke

hi jimbo got all 3 of the preston rods cannot fault any of them
the 12ft is a really good allround rod[:D]

jimbo

Thanx guys for all your advice im sure it will help me choose a box,definately gonna get one of the Preston rods and to Malc would you recommend the Fox carp chair ;o))

Jimbo

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Hey jimbo i didn't want to spend to much on a box so i got a WaterCraft Concept Box for 135 i think. Heavy but will last forever! Nice little box very happy with it. As for a feeder rod i Got a Normark Black Medallion 13Ft Heavy. Landed everything on it even double figure pike. Bit heavy but on the whole nice rod!

Tight lines [:D]

Last edited:

pritch

try the max power seat box 4 front trays. 1 slide tray, winder compt under pole seat, octoplus compatable mudfeet legs all for 95, as a matcg angler i have given it some stick for 6 months no problems. why pay 300 plus for similar for something you sit on would try one . note it needed the inside of the draws varnishing as they were plain wood but that was my idea, or go for the old fashioned sturdy riva seat box had mine 20 years plastic with two trays should get one for 30-45 last you a life time

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
There is also the Little Gem,

I have had mine for 2 years now and it has been given some stick in that time and survived remarkedly well.
You can get them in two colour schemes (Red or Blue), with a canal/pole seat, 3 drawers or 5. The bottom detatches, the front drawers are plastic moulded, there is a full width pole winder/whatever draw and additional storage under the seat.
Legs fitted as standard are compatable with Octoplus products.

I haven't a picture of it as yet but could put one up once I've dug it out of the garage and cleaned it [:I]

Price wise: 119 - 139 depending on 3 or 5 drawers (or there abouts)

Dave

MALC

Jimbo

RED [;)] and me use the same box as Dave (5 Drawer Little Gem) and it's had HARD abuse for 3 or 4 years and as you can see by the picture below the only thing thats happened to it in that time is some of the paint has rubbed off where it rubs against me as i carry it.

MALC

Last edited:

scott essery

'Silver man'
i hate to say this Malc but you box is the most comphy ive ever sat on! far better than Steves! [;)]

the carbo active rods should be good for how much they cost! is the 13 footer that much different than the 12 footer?

silver man

Last edited:

MALC

It NORMALLY gets more fish as well [;)][:0][;)][:0][;)]

(If someone else sits on it)

MALC

Chopper

Brilo Box for me, had mine 8yrs + and only the strap has been replaced. You can buy a basic one and just keep adding to it, they do loads of seperates, front/side draws, different size bases that clip on and off, a foot platform that will also convirt your box into a canal stool. Can't be that bad if Alan Scothorne uses one.

Feeder rod, Daiwa 11/13 Stillwater. A heavy 3rd section can be bought seperately for it that is a single piece rather than having a push in tip. This totally changes the rod so it can be used confidently for method/big river fishing.

Probably pick both up second hand in good nik if your lucky, check the bargain box in the AT [;)]

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

Matchlad

im only 15 and i got Rive F2 seatbox great box great price soft seat and lots of space the owny thing is i needed to by a deeper draw to fit my chopping scissors and bigger bits like that rob by the way do u know of any good poles? im willin to pay 500-750

look forway to hear what u say

leemays

Have a look at the Boss B-TEC'S Theyre as light as anything!!! even when loaded with tackle...

The only problem u might find is that if u have it standard and no extra layers on the box u shall find ur knees are in ure chest when sitting down.

I have had to buy 1 extra layer and thats the rig tray that costs 45 and comes complete with 50 sliding winders for your pole rigs.

Chopper

Boss Boxes:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but Boss boxes always had square legs that weren't Octoplus compatable, this obviously means that all the excellent gear Mel Wilde (Octoplus) makes won't fit your box so you have to buy Boss gear which is more expensive and very limited.

Correct me if I'm wrong, not seen a new Boss box for a long time so I'm just assuming they still have the square legs.

[:)]

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Boss B-Tech:

Boss Standard:

Boss do have their own 'System' which uses square fittings - suppose something to take into account [:)]

Dave

scott essery

'Silver man'
Eh Lee (Saville)

is that a BIG trophy or are you just 'compact' [;)]

welcome to MD mate [:D]

silver man

Simon R

Site Supporter
I'm another 'Little Gem' man!

Three years old now and barely a scratch on it.
For the money I don't think you can beat it.

Simon

Matchlad

so what did u get ? and how is it goin ?

rob im tryin to put a pic on here but im findin it hard work?
can some one help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.