New Rods!

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
After weeks of contemplating it I've finally ordered a pair of brand new Daiwa Lexa deadbait rods from forum favourite Bobco. Pike fishing is my favourite and I've been using an old 2.5lb tc Shakespeare carp rod I was given and a 3lb tc Fox rod I got for £18. Can't wait for them to arrive, hopefully in time for Sunday and a session with my 10 year old who has just done the mandatory training to pike fish for our club.
Let's hope they're hungry come sunday

Jonb

Site Supporter
Hope you manage to get out Sunday with them, I'm hoping to do the same lol just ordered a new pair of deadbait rods myself to replace my Wychwood agitators.

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Hope you manage to get out Sunday with them, I'm hoping to do the same lol just ordered a new pair of deadbait rods myself to replace my Wychwood agitators.
What did you go for? I was torn between the fox ones, the wychwood or the cheaper blackwidow daiwas

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Got the rods and gave them an outing today, took my 10 year old for his first pike session and we both had a fish on the new rods. Only 6ishlb Jack's but his first pike and mine on the new rods. Cast very nicely even with a 3oz lead and half mackrel. Very happy

brian carragher

Site Supporter
Nice to get a fish first time out with the new gear

Those Free Spirits seem to get good reviews

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've used Daiwa 3lb TC rods for piking for best part of a decade now and I love them (apart from this weekend when they seem to have told every pike in the area not to have a munch on anything attached to them)