New Reel.

Rick123

Site Supporter
I could not resist buying a Daiwa TDM 2508 for under £70. I'm sure these bargains will not be about for ever, and such a good reel I'm told by many of you. I'm still awaiting my Mitchell Match 400a but that will be it for me, this will be my waggler float reel on the Acolyte Plus. I'm never really sure on how large or small these reels are. The Cadence 3000 I brought was smaller than expected. I'm told the Daiwa 2500 are about a 3000 size on a normal reel? So ideal for float fishing I'd guess? I really could not justify paying another £100 for the TDR when so many have said the difference is marginal in the hand. It comes with two spools to, so many don't now days, what's that all about then? My Okuma Epic Pro came with 4 and that's a cracking reel I'd buy again.

I'm looking for a few crow quills if anyone can help out or know a seller. Just a dozen would be fine? Thanks guys. Richard.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I can’t speak for that particular daiwa but below is a 2500 ninja compared to a 2500 shimano Sahara and 3000 drennan series 7 float which are all my float fishing reels so they might give you a rough idea of the potential size.
1588428248431.jpeg

Fishfinderuk

The tdm,for that price, you be hard pushed to find better.i have two of them myself,and three tdr.
Personally I would say,I have never used a better reel than the shimano stradic. That's just my view.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Yes, sill price really when new they were well over a ton. My (novelty reels) 501 and Mitchell match 400a are really just for playing with, I've two 4000 top Daiwa reels that I use for my carp stalking and Floater fishing. I've a Shimano feeder reel 4000 but with a 5000 spool. A Shimano xt7, a Daiwa Legalis, A Cadence CS10 Match (not over happy with this) then everything else reel wise is much bigger., or smaller 5000.6000.7000. in pairs for carp. But I wanted a nice float reel as it what I do most, hope it will satisfy that itch anyway.