New preston seatbox

pies

Site Supporter
Decided to treat myself

my current box is an Octbox and honestly there is nothing wrong with it, but i fancied a change mainly but there were a couple of issues i have
First im fairly limited in time on a match for setting up, just 1 hour from draw to whistle. So every minute countsin that hour. With the octbox i have to unpack everything off the box then remove wheels handle and drop rear legs. It honestly dont take long 2-3 mins.
With the new box its off barrow onto peg. Next was a silly issue thats bugged me for ages is landing net placement. There is not enough room between seat and tray knobs to put the handle between the two, there are ways around but none worked for me
Next is the sidetray. Plus the sidetray mounts on the seat box and im twisting alot to get to bait. I prefer the bait to be level with my knees and forward. Im bad enough trying to ping maggots and hold a pole, let alone guess where the bait is
So alot of my kit will change 😂 again 30mm legs

59A7CB26-7240-4116-9C66-C8DB7A7FF697.jpeg

pies

Site Supporter
TBH it looks better now than on the net.
Defo lighter to lift in van
I was surprised the legs are better than i thought, the large legs actually clamp not just screw doen onto leg plus knob is rubberised which gives a nice purchase
Pity the inner legs are just screw down, but as 80-90% of my fishing is from platform itsnot relevent
Overall so far so good see how it goes

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Decided to treat myself

my current box is an Octbox and honestly there is nothing wrong with it, but i fancied a change mainly but there were a couple of issues i have
First im fairly limited in time on a match for setting up, just 1 hour from draw to whistle. So every minute countsin that hour. With the octbox i have to unpack everything off the box then remove wheels handle and drop rear legs. It honestly dont take long 2-3 mins.
With the new box its off barrow onto peg. Next was a silly issue thats bugged me for ages is landing net placement. There is not enough room between seat and tray knobs to put the handle between the two, there are ways around but none worked for me
Next is the sidetray. Plus the sidetray mounts on the seat box and im twisting alot to get to bait. I prefer the bait to be level with my knees and forward. Im bad enough trying to ping maggots and hold a pole, let alone guess where the bait is
So alot of my kit will change 😂 again 30mm legs
My octbox sits on frenzee trolley easy,my extra large side tray houses 6 3 pint tubs plus a bait tub at the front , it adjusts to any height . Landing net not a problem ,legs are a little close though . I like your new box 📦 😍 very nice

pies

Site Supporter
My octbox sits on frenzee trolley easy,my extra large side tray houses 6 3 pint tubs plus a bait tub at the front , it adjusts to any height . Landing net not a problem ,legs are a little close though . I like your new box 📦 😍 very nice
My old octbox would of fitted on a trolley but on the the newer type they removed the rear bar. Which was annoying
Will still be using the octbox. If the inception works out i will use the octbox as a lightweight box as i once had it set that way.
If the inception bombs out i will revert to octbox it’s still a good box 😃

robert d

Site Supporter
My old octbox would of fitted on a trolley but on the the newer type they removed the rear bar. Which was annoying
Will still be using the octbox. If the inception works out i will use the octbox as a lightweight box as i once had it set that way.
If the inception bombs out i will revert to octbox it’s still a good box 😃
Nice one , spoilt for choice now 👍

The Landlord

Site Supporter
How about a couple of small rod rests, attached to front & rear legs for your landing net?.........the small U-shaped or V-shaped ones?

pies

Site Supporter
I did try that, but it makes the handle too high so its in way when going for bait. You have to consciously have to reach over

matti

Site Supporter
ive just recieved my replacement box, 1st was damaged when i unpacked it. box seems well made, its a big change rom my xs4. the omly thing im not impressed with is that when sliding out the foot plate, you can pull it inadvertantly of the runners as theres no detent or stop on them

robert d

Site Supporter
ive just recieved my replacement box, 1st was damaged when i unpacked it. box seems well made, its a big change rom my xs4. the omly thing im not impressed with is that when sliding out the foot plate, you can pull it inadvertantly of the runners as theres no detent or stop on them
Put 2 self tapping screws at the back of the foot plate ,that way you can use them as a stop or take them out if you wish to remove the plate

matti

Site Supporter
i dont know if that would work, as theres nothing on the frame rails for the scrrws to catch on, ill have a look tomorrow

pies

Site Supporter
Pull footplate out a few inches. Twist locking pins to lock position, then fully pull out footplate. It will automatically lock in position