new pole aerotex Cm80

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowyflyboy

Anyone hear got the CM80 thinking of getting one tried one in shop but haven't fished with one.
wondered what they fished like how good are they at 14.5m&16m.
need it mainly for carp but some silver fishing needed as well.
been told the preston poles are dead strong,was thinking of a maver but hear a lot off breakages of these poles.
any advice appreciated.[}:)]

chris

hi snowyflyboy
cant help with the cm80 as i aint got one but its an interesting point you make about maver breakages.
i was set on a maver pole until i came to the forum and got the impression mavers seem to have a quality weakness.
i am looking at the cheaper lerc poles. where did you hear that preston poles aredead strong as i need reasurrance before spending all my money !!

i thought i saw a light at the end of the tunnel, but it was just someone with a torch bringing me more bloody work !

snowyflyboy

i have spoken to local tackle shop about the CM80 and preston poles they tell me if you want strentgh then go for a preston they maybe heavier than other poles but stronger and better balanced which aparently make them feel lighter.I was also set on a maver pole but have been put of by the breakages reported.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
I have a CM80 and i think it is a fantastic pole, well worth the money but try and get them to ditch the carp tops as they fit onto the 4th section, better to get all match kits and then remove the number one section for carping! i luv it to bits!

Browning Hotrods 007.gif

hoppy

hoppy
I used to have a Preston Lerc pole (5050) damn good pole for its price and weight, so I would emagine the higher priced poles will be even better, so I would go for the preston pole...hoppy

"Take your time, but hurry up"

Status
Not open for further replies.