New PB!

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Come off the back of a 4 trip blank i took a trip after work to a reliable swim on a large old lake.
For the last 2 seasons I have been after a double figure pike. Everyone else seems to have stories of double figure pike being caught like they are common everywhere but I just couldn't get one. Last season I had 2 9lb15oz ones.

Just as I was about to pack up the alarmed beeped and I was in. Half way through the fight the other rod started beeping. Cursing the pike for picking up my other line I took it off the rests and out it aside to get it out the way and landed the fish. A nice fat pike of 12lb 10oz and my double figure duck was broken.

I brought in the other rod expecting a tangle but got a chewed up bait back, looks like I had a double take.

Next target, a 20...

20201127_223515.jpg

Barbel seeker

well done buddy nice to get a personal best gives a hell of a feel good feeling, trouble is the bigger they get the harder it gets to beat.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Well done for persevering SB just reward for the time & effort you have put in. (y)

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
I'm still searching for a double, 3 blanks in a row since a small jack about a month ago :confused:

I been told today by a member of a water i was fishing every time pike are caught they are chucked in the trent or one of the pits, think I need to change water.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Cracking work :) Stick with it and they'll keep coming now!