New NHS Track & Trace App

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
We have been told that as a retail shop we are required to download and print a QR code to go in the window which anybody entering the shop is supposed to scan with their phone to record their location.
Cant even get them all to wear a mask so I cant see this being a hit somehow but its in the window.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Is that assuming everyone has a mobile phone on them with a camera and an app to read QR codes and knowing how to use it?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
so if Im on the app,

and happen upon another person who I have not got within 20 metres of, whilst in a petrol station, paid at pump, and that person is a lurgey carrier, you get the 14 day imprisonment ? just because they were on retail premises at the time I was ?

or they came into a retail superstore at the same time as I was in there ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
No.

The way I understand it works is it uses the Bluetooth function of your phone to connect to other Bluetooth phone devices within a 2metre range.
If it connects and stays connected for 15minutes it then accesses the phones app to see if the phone user has been tested positive for the lurgy - I'm assuming the app will record any test requests and results once the present glitch is sorted out.

So a casual encounter or the bloke in the flat upstairs won't have an impact on you

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
My missus has the app on her phone and went for a test today as she's got a seasonal cough - remember those?

I don't have the app on my phone.

She gets her results on Tuesday so if they come back +ve I might download the app and see how many times during the day I can stay within 2metres of her for less than 15minutes before my phone zaps me and send me for a test :D
Now this will be interesting, especially if it does and if my results come back +ve as well ;)

62tucker

Site Supporter
Just downloaded the app. 👍. But don’t think I near anyone for 15min. And I now make sure I am not.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just read this.....

" If you live in the same household as someone with coronavirus symptoms, you must self-isolate straight away for 14 days. "

What if you've already had it? Would I have to self-isolate?

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
Just read this.....

" If you live in the same household as someone with coronavirus symptoms, you must self-isolate straight away for 14 days. "

What if you've already had it? Would I have to self-isolate?
There is no proof either way if you can have it twice or not. What would your conscience tell you to do?

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
With this Government advice i think it would be best to Do the Hokey Cokey and turn around.

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
We have been told that as a retail shop we are required to download and print a QR code to go in the window which anybody entering the shop is supposed to scan with their phone to record their location.
Cant even get them all to wear a mask so I cant see this being a hit somehow but its in the window.
We got the same at work Ken although we don't have the public coming in. The QR code will have to be displayed in all retail premises.

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
When you look at all the information available and the constant moaning by people who do not want to follow the rules or advice, then this pandemic is more than likely to become an apocalyptic event. Basically it may wipe out a large proportion of the Worlds population, everyone over 80 and everyone with a weak immune system. But at the same time with less people about may help with global warming and in the UK will solve the ever growing elderly care problem.