New member..... just checking in!

NathanJT

Hi all,

I thought I'd take the time to introduce myself and, as I couldn't find a new members section well, it's getting posted in here! ;)

Like many, I started fishing with my dad when I was a kid, being members of Mallory Park in Leicestershire and fishing a few of the local canals and rivers as well. I loved it and some of my fondest childhood memories are from that era. We did pretty much everything, yes including pole fishing, but my god things have changed since those days. It's like a whole new world if you want it to be.

Unfortunately, life then got in the way and after a hiatus of probably 20 years I spend a good few years dabbling with fly fishing on Derbyshire's reservoirs and a few rivers. Then life (aka kids) got in the way again and I found myself out of the hobby, AGAIN.

Well, here I am now some 40 years past those days in Leicestershire and I'm getting back into it again. Both my boys showed an interest during lockdown so I bought a few bits of kit and we started having some fun.

So far we've only fished at Longford in Derbyshire, but I'm looking to try Birchwood (I think it's called) just up the road.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and also thanks, I've been lurking for a good while and there's some really informative posts on here. I'll try not to drag the tone down too much.

Nath.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Welcome Nath. They're a good bunch on here. So don't be afraid to ask questions.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Welcome to MD Nathan great bunch on here, :upthumb:

Did you ever fish the mile straight in Leicester with your Dad ?

NathanJT

Welcome to MD Nathan great bunch on here, :upthumb:

Did you ever fish the mile straight in Leicester with your Dad ?
I vaguely remember fishing in town and city were playing so that would likely have been in that area. We mainly fished the Soar around Barrow/Wanlip though.