New member intro

Super Rocket

Site Supporter
Been using this site as guest, but felt needed to support it's good work.
Mainly carp puddle pleasure angler of late, Glebe member for 10yrs, live in next village but escape to Ireland once a year for some proper fishing and enjoyment.
Last few years we have been based at Carrigallen and just about done our apprenticship there now, miss the Cavan Fishing web site for info, as any news on Ireland fishing is rare.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Been using this site as guest, but felt needed to support it's good work.
Mainly carp puddle pleasure angler of late, Glebe member for 10yrs, live in next village but escape to Ireland once a year for some proper fishing and enjoyment.
Last few years we have been based at Carrigallen and just about done our apprenticship there now, miss the Cavan Fishing web site for info, as any news on Ireland fishing is rare.

Welcome. I have fond memories of fishing in the republic too! It was the Ireland experience that converted me to pretty much full time feeder fishing, after my experiences on the loughs, lakes and the Shannon. Sadly, I've never been able to equal it here in the UK in terms of either the huge bags of roach on the lakes, or the river which was full of bronze bream of great weights which had never been caught.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Welcome mate.
Used to go to Cavan in the mid to late 80's but never did very well, I think it was going through a bit of a bad patch. Used to base ourselves at Killeshandra & fish Eonish, Killykeen & Town Lake.
Wish we'd had seatboxes with legs in those days to help with some of those rocky banks!!

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Welcome. I have fond memories of fishing in the republic too! It was the Ireland experience that converted me to pretty much full time feeder fishing, after my experiences on the loughs, lakes and the Shannon. Sadly, I've never been able to equal it here in the UK in terms of either the huge bags of roach on the lakes, or the river which was full of bronze bream of great weights which had never been caught.
I should mention that I and my lads used to stay in a lodge just outside Carrick on Shannon. We had a day on a local lake/lough where my lad Dave hit a shoal of bream. He was knackered within about an hour, but still went on to net well over 100lb. The big sh*t went on to land an 8lb Bream from the Shannon at Jamestown beating my 7 and a half effort the previous day

WickerDave

Welcome. There's a few Leicestershire anglers on here but collectively we don't post that much. Unfortunately The Glebe is out of my price range.