New Maver 10m Signature margin pole - missed opportunity

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I’m not someone who thinks you necessarily need a margin pole that interchanges with your main pole, but I do want a margin pole I can put my main pole‘s top kits on. I currently have a Maver Signature 800 pro pole and a Browning Xitan Margin.

Maver have just launched a new 10m margin pole, but it appears different bore top kits from the long signature poles, a real missed opportunity.

scuttster

Site Supporter
Unfortunately for the Signature Pro Power 1000 10m isn't made by reglass, Italy, I believe these are produced in china. And have been produced to hit a price point of £249.99.

Previously the Oculus Margin pole was the only model in the range to fit the powerlite kits of the Signature Series but was only 7m and was rrp of £299.99, prior to that there was an Elite Carp Margin pole at 8m and the Invincible Margin at 9.5m which stated they interchanged top kits with the Signature/Elite Carp kits (Elite Margin) & Competition (Invincible) and therefore the newer Sig and Elite top kits. Both of these poles RRP was £400+so I think that a new reglass 10m margin pole would potentially price it away from most users.

If there was a margin pole released took advantage of these kits like you there would be many people interested myself included. I know the original 800 came with a fighting 5 & 6 which I also purchased the fighting 4 which essentially gives the Oculus margin pole and I think your Pro 800 came with the fighting 4 & 5 but you could buy the fighting 6 so could make yourself a margin pole that way albeit a short one.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I’ve got all the fighter sections, but may sell them as I use my Xitan. I’d expected/hoped when I heard about a new Maver margin pole it would be the £350 bracket (like Xitan, Response, MTX, 1001 etc.) taking commercial power kits and a couple spare.

scuttster

Site Supporter
I've always wondered how easy it would be to get hold of some of the poles from Maver Italy. For example the Invicible Black is available as a 10m pole but at €499
While it looks from the kit compatibility list it should fit with the commercial powerlite kits being shown compatible and the right length (plus the other commercial kits are also listed)

I just can't bring myself to try ordering to find out whilst in theory they should fit but just incase they don't!

Attachments

• Invincible Black.pdf
    383.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Kit Compatibility.pdf
    68.6 KB · Views: 6

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
I've just bought one,nice pole.i will try and see if the signature top kit fit as soon as I can and let people know.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I was wrong. A mate has this pole and the top kits from Signature, Occulus, Definition do fit this margin pole. The ones that come with it have a Maver side slot and a slow taper to the bush which will take big elastics. He says the top kits are strong.

Taking those other top kits is a big selling point, why Maver don’t see that is amazing!!

slappy

has waved bye bye
Site Supporter
I mostly use my fighting 4,5,6 with either my Mvr comp 16m or pro 900 have and very handy for sure!
Just find sometimes wish they did a fighting 7 and 8 too 😃