New Matrix Submerged video - Feeder Fishing Myths

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Feeder swings back towards you when it hits the water (compounded by deep water) according to this.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Depends if you follow the feeder down mate.....Also helps keep the contents of your method/hybrid intact....(y)
19min 45seconds in the video. Jamie H will follow the feeder down and they still reckon it's 18" in 5' of water. I always reckoned it happened in deep water, say 17' deep, lucky I'm not that accurate casting for it to matter all that much. (y)

Total

Site Supporter
19min 45seconds in the video. Jamie H will follow the feeder down and they still reckon it's 18" in 5' of water. I always reckoned it happened in deep water, say 17' deep, lucky I'm not that accurate casting for it to matter all that much. (y)
Watch Mark Pollard casting in one of the other videos Steve.....He's the better feeder angler....

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Same thing - video starts at the right place - with startling results.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
If you can keep casting in the same place, unlike me, the feeder will still end up in the same place on the bottom. Even if it is closer to you than you think.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
With a cage feeder as per this video half of my fishing is for big shoals of Bream, so I tell myself casting accuracy is not 100% important as long as I hit roughly the same dinner table. :LOL: The Mark Pollard video - his pellets are coming off his method and his feeder is landing 1m away! These videos are very technical though, it's up to the angler what they take away from them.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm told by better method anglers than me to really squeeze the pellets on hard. I have only started fishing the method but think it's key to its effectiveness to get it right. I had a cast the other day on a hybrid, first cast when the pellets were still quite wet, it came back with pellets still on the feeder. From a tank test when I squeeze the same pellets on a hybrid, I'm getting roughly a 5 minute breakdown of pellets (unless disturbed by a fish etc), whereas I get a 1 minute breakdown from a slightly lighter squeeze. From watching the Polly video, I reckon with the lighter squeeze it's likely that pellets come off the method on impact more than I might think.

Total

Site Supporter
That's how it should work. :) I bet if I saw this with me just starting on the method I'd be surprised I catch at all.
Little tip mate and don't take this the wrong way.....Some of us know what we are talking about, I pointed you in the right direction but you only saw what you wanted to see at first until pointed to the right video place.....Nothing wrong with questioning the 'science' as to speak behind it, but no good trying to reinvent the wheel, if you get my drift.....;)(y)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Little tip mate and don't take this the wrong way.....Some of us know what we are talking about, I pointed you in the right direction but you only saw what you wanted to see at first until pointed to the right video place.....Nothing wrong with questioning the 'science' as to speak behind it, but no good trying to reinvent the wheel, if you get my drift.....;)(y)
I'd watched that video before, and as I say, it was startling how wrong they got it at the point I linked to, that is until they too had to work it out. These are quality anglers in the videos and even they learn something, so there's always something to learn from them for anyone.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'd also still reckon that you can't 'follow the feeder down' in over a certain depth of water.

Total

Site Supporter
I'd watched that video before, and as I say, it was startling how wrong they got it at the point I linked to, that is until they too had to work it out. These are quality anglers in the videos and even they learn something, so there's always something to learn from them for anyone.
I get where your coming from Steve, but landing feeders in a similar place with contents intact or casting to the same spot with legered baits isn't a new subject.....Decent anglers have been doing for years, without reinventing the wheel....;)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I get where your coming from Steve, but landing feeders in a similar place with contents intact or casting to the same spot with legered baits isn't a new subject.....Decent anglers have been doing for years, without reinventing the wheel....;)
Did you watch the Jamie Harrison video? :p As it was happening to him. 18" away from where it hit the water in 5' of water.