New Luggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmz

I'm going to buy a new rod holdall / box seat or chair. I don't really want to spend a lot if I can help it as I don't fish that often and I don't fish any matches.

I saw this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-Dai...hingAcces_RL?hash=item35a6c76d9b#ht_964wt_939 and I'm a bit sceptical of the quality as it's really cheap. Anybody know if it's going to fall apart if I buy it?

What alternatives are there for less than 150ish?

Basically all I need is a rod holdall, something to sit on and somewhere to put my tackle. I'd also like a rig wallet.

Last edited:

Jmz

Sorry for bumping my own topic. But if I bought a Maver MX500 Seatbox, could I buy the parts for it separately (footplate etc) if I wanted?

Jmz

Ok, I'm guessing I was asking a bit too much to get all that for 150.

So for now I'm going to get just the seat box. Quick question because I'm watching some stuff on ebay.

If they're both the same price, am I better off getting a Maver pro with a footplate or a John Thompson Carbonite with the footplate and accessory bowl?

Last edited:

Dogsbody

As regards the boxes, the Maver pro is heavier but has a much deeper base than the carbonite, but only two front drawers 30mm deep and one underseat tray. The carbonite has 3 front drawers an underseat tray but a shallow base. The pro has more storage but a bigger footprint on the ground and in your boot. The seats are comfortable on both. The pro footplate has to be removed to put it in the transit position, the carbonite folds up.

To summarise if you need space get the pro, if you want lighter weight and sidetray and bait bowl, get the carbonite.

Jmz

Thanks for the help. I went for the Maver Pro as I'd rather have the space.

What sort of accessories do I buy for this if I want a bait tray or something in the future?

batman

Originally posted by Jmz

Thanks for the help. I went for the Maver Pro as I'd rather have the space.

What sort of accessories do I buy for this if I want a bait tray or something in the future?

preston do good seatbox accesories that are more or less universal, fit most seat boxes with legs.

Dogsbody

Maver do a side tray but Personally I dont think you can go far wrong with Prestons OFF Box accessories which all come with a variety of inserts to fit different box legs.

I use their extending feeder arm, medium ripple bar, Pole v roller and bracket and side tray. All do the job perfectly

Smudge.Smith

Beware the RT Carbonite. Although I can sit on it all day and I have no real problems with it I do find it top heavy when lifting by the shoulder straps. The strap attachment lugs are too far below the centre of gravity. This causes the box to rotate around it's axis and anything in your drawers will be depositied on the ground. If you're into aluminium welding you could make a mod so that that the strap is attached higher up the frame.
I would try it before you buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.