New Landing Net handle

richox12

Go and try one side by side like I did.
Then you won't have to ask me what they weighed. I mean seriously... Do you think I need to know that having had all three of the handles set up?
It's not about what you need to know but what I need to know hence I asked the obvious question. If it's significantly lighter as you say then I may be tempted to buy one online. But i'm not doing that totally blind.

JLK

I have enough handles to last me a lifetime yet have always fancied getting the 4m acolyte after using my mates and thinking it was one of the lightest handles I'd used.
Then another chap I know was using a response xs and having had a go of that thought that it was a lot heavier than I expected it to be.

So with that in mind I went to the shop and I purposely put them both up and thought yeah, the Acolyte is definitely lighter I'll have that one. Then my mate said try the new Matrix, it's lighter than the Acolyte. So I put that up as well and between the three, the Matrix was noticeably lighter in the hand - Matrix/Acolyte/Response XS in that order.
Is it going to be strong enough though? Can't answer that until I buy one and use it.
Another bonus is that it extends to 5m if need be. 👍🏻

CarpCatcher86

I got myself the Drennan Acolyte carp 3.6m handle. I always said spending £90 on a landing net handle compared to my £15 Shakespear Omni handle was silly. Not so silly after handling one. Even less silly after using one.