New Landing Net handle

Juanil

Morning all, not sure if this the correct place to ask, however, some of you know that I very recently snapped my Preston Absolute Match Landing net handle, I’m looking for a replacement, needs to be 4M I fish the fens which have steep banks. Any recommendations ? I’m not a tackle tart something decent obviously and not telescopic. Happy to spend £100, or happy to look at second hand. Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul.P

Lots of companies do a good one nowadays, i've had the acolyte, very nice handle, tricast excellence nice as well if you want to buy british, although only 3.7m, matrix is another good one i've seen.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I used a Drennan Acolyte for a week in the summer courtesy of a lad I work with and fell in love with it - it’s the one I’d go for if I had the money

Juanil

Thank you for moving my post, all new to this. And thanks for the replies, been looking all day, it’s a mine field. I keep coming back to the same one I broke.. but I’m determined to try something different. Gonna have a look at the middy and Drennan

matti

Site Supporter
I know you've not had much luck with preston handles, but I can recommended the response match landing net handles, seems a bit more beefed up but not difficult/heavy to use

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Biggest one so far was my lad using it at 3m. Carp weighed 11.12. Before this I had a frenzee handle but the middy feels stronger by far

JLK

You want to have a look at the £110 matrix 4m one. It's brilliant and as far as handles go I think it's the lightest handle I've seen. It knocks spots off the acolyte and the response xs handle.
Obviously net choice is going to add weight but from a handle only comparison it wins hands down and will be my next purchase in the new year.

Juanil

You want to have a look at the £110 matrix 4m one. It's brilliant and as far as handles go I think it's the lightest handle I've seen. It knocks spots off the acolyte and the response xs handle.
Obviously net choice is going to add weight but from a handle only comparison it wins hands down and will be my next purchase in the new year.
I am looking at this one as well. Just the price, but it’s in the frame.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
I have 2.9 metre daiwa yank and bank for last 2 years had 10lb carp in it and pike up to 7lb not snapped yet just seen 4 meter ignore me lol

stephenk

Site Supporter
I was looking recently- free spirit 4m looks good at that length.

I got a drennan vertex in the end as I only wanted 3m, and telescopic

lucc

4m RIVE R011, light (beware, a lot of brands don't indicate the weight) and stiff!

richox12

You want to have a look at the £110 matrix 4m one. It's brilliant and as far as handles go I think it's the lightest handle I've seen. It knocks spots off the acolyte.......from a handle only comparison it wins hands down.
Really ?? What does it weigh ??

JLK

Go and try one side by side like I did.
Then you won't have to ask me what they weighed. I mean seriously... Do you think I need to know that having had all three of the handles set up?

Last edited: