New koi pond

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hi all i have decided to do something i thought i would never do again and thats to build a new koi pond . Im going to make it 3.6m x2.4 x 1.5m deep ,mostly out of ground with a 1.8m x 900 laminated glass viewing window . So far i have spent quite a bit , there will be 55 ish 2.4m x 200mmx100mm sleepers layed flat ways and screwed down and together ,there will be a box welded butyl pond liner with a spindrifter bottom drain and 2 returns back into the pond ,there will be a nexus 320 plus ,a 55watt uv ,1 4inch ball valve and 3 1.5 in ball valve isolators , one 130 litre air pump for the filter and 1 60 litre air pump for the bottom drain , the return pump will be 10000 litres on max setting .Im fitting an in-line de chlorinator to help with water quality . This may all take a while to fruition due to only working on it on weekends and maybe next week if the materials arrive 😀. Wish me luck , il keep up dating my post's for any one thats interested, i will be stocking the pond with about 8 ish nice quality koi a few at a time . Pics to follow as i start .
A few more additions coming in a few weeks if my water parameters have stabalised ,having a battle with nitrites but using salt at 0.3 % is a massive help . I have used around £200 worth of different filter start bacteria so far ,water still at 22 deg c . Anyone contemplating a fish pond please do it the correct way ,a few fish every month and only when the parameters are good , the best quote i have heard is ,we are water keepers ,keep the water good and the fish look after themselves. I haven't lost any fish and they all seem in tip top condition but its much more of a battle adding lots in one go .

Attachments

• VID-20221007-WA0001 (1)-1.mp4
    9 MB

robert d

Site Supporter
Hi all i have decided to do something i thought i would never do again and thats to build a new koi pond . Im going to make it 3.6m x2.4 x 1.5m deep ,mostly out of ground with a 1.8m x 900 laminated glass viewing window . So far i have spent quite a bit , there will be 55 ish 2.4m x 200mmx100mm sleepers layed flat ways and screwed down and together ,there will be a box welded butyl pond liner with a spindrifter bottom drain and 2 returns back into the pond ,there will be a nexus 320 plus ,a 55watt uv ,1 4inch ball valve and 3 1.5 in ball valve isolators , one 130 litre air pump for the filter and 1 60 litre air pump for the bottom drain , the return pump will be 10000 litres on max setting .Im fitting an in-line de chlorinator to help with water quality . This may all take a while to fruition due to only working on it on weekends and maybe next week if the materials arrive 😀. Wish me luck , il keep up dating my post's for any one thats interested, i will be stocking the pond with about 8 ish nice quality koi a few at a time . Pics to follow as i start .

Attachments

• 20221023_092318.mp4
    76.8 MB

robert d

Site Supporter
Garden in a mess still , just cant make my mind up on the best design .