New Forum >>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Forum Admin
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi everyone,

When you've picked yourselves up of the floor and realized that you are still in the same place [:eek:)] you'll have noticed that the forum has changed a little - Okay then - a lot, lol

Over the next day or so they'll be a few more changes as I re-add some of the previous functions.

Why the change[?]

Various reasons:

This new software makes less demand on the server which in turn will increase the speed further especially for members with poor connection speeds.

Security - Presently we get at least one attempted hack per week, this board is even more secure with the added addition of encrypting your passwords to further protect your details, log-on, etc.

A bit more flexibility and a few more options for me to play with [:D]

Anticipated Problems:

If you have problems logging on, especially if you are on AOL, close AOL down, locate the 'Internet Explorer' Icon on your Desktop, Right Click it and select 'Properties'
In here choose to Delete Temporary Internet Files using the 'Delete Files' button.
Clear your History and -
For Internet Explorer 6.0 users, choose to 'Delete Cookies'
For Internet Explorer 5.0 and 5.5 users, cclose the IE window, Double Click 'My Computer', Double Click 'Windows', find the 'Temporary Internet Files' folder. Select 'Edit', click 'Select All' and then press your 'Delete' button.
You may be asked if you want to delete the cookies, if so, just choose yes.

Any more problems let me know (with the exception of bits missing as I have a list, lol) and if you still have problems logging on, email me with your username and I'll look at from here.

Have Fun,

Regards, Dave

Trevski

I like the new back-ground!

And the quick-reply at the bottom is a great idea.
Or was that there before? Hmmmm [:)]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If only it were this simple...

Admin

Forum Admin
Staff member
Site Supporter
All new Trev

There is also the option to reply using the Smilies and Forum code such as Bold, Italics, Images, etc, using the 'Reply to Topic' link as before but with a little difference.

If you want to make a section of text, say, Bold then highlight it with your mouse and then click the
button and so on.

If you want to add an image into a post then click in your post where the image is to appear and then click the
button. Place your image URL between the tags.
If using the 'MyPhoto' upload you don't need to do this as the code is included with the URL. The Link for the 'MyPhoto' is still at the top-right of the forum but will only show if you are logged in.

To include a basic Smilie, just click the one that you want and it will add to your post....

....and there's more [:D]

Dave

Trevski

[:)][:D][8D][:I]

This is great!

I can have some fun with this!

[^][^][^][^][^][^]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If only it were this simple...

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Dave the 'bits missing' is this a reference to a chisel, thumb and hand?[?] [}:)] As to the back ground nice. Peeps thats a view of sammys stretch (River Penk) as you enter our section of the river. So if you fancy a bash at the chub thats in there details for joining MADRAS are on the forums. I'll be down there Saturday drowning a few of the proverbial [:)].

chill out go fishing

G

Dave i cannot see my photo link,[:(][:(]been playing with some pics,, and i cannot get them on [:(][:(][:(]like the new look boss,[^]

i'm going to bait up
Andy

G

does this bit work then ?????????? quick reply ??????

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Admin

Forum Admin
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Toma,

If you are logged in you will see the 'MyPhoto' link on the top right, just at the left of 'Chat Room'

If you can't see it let me know,

Dave

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Dave there's no photo thingy on top right of page.

teepee.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Now you see it, now you don't lol

It was my mistake, I wrote the code so that only people with Moderator Status could see it, of course I could see it all the time lol

Sorted for the time being, [}:)]

Dave

PS If you get an error thrown up just give it a second and refresh your browsers as Iam still working on it at this end, thanks.

les middy

'Navigator'
Dave
Why the line down the right hand side of the opening forum picture[?]

and can we have some color in the picture for better effect [:D]

BTW. What a good job the new changes make.

les [^][;)][:I]

Admin

Forum Admin
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Les that's where the image is presently formatted with regards to size, I'll alter it once I get to the tidying up bit - the bit that the missus always complains about when I've been d******ing [:D]

By the way everyone, if you look at the top left of this page you'll see this:

If you click the second link down 'Fishing Talk' you will return to the front page but will only see the 'Fishing Talk' category of the forum.
To see all other categories you need to click the Yellow Folder that is on the left of the Dark Blue Bar as shown here:

This applies to all the forums and just gives you an elememt of useability - Who's going to be the first who will ask where the other forums have gone lol

Dave

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
No Dave sussed that out. Just after I reloaded my computer after it crashed (again). I still have no E-Mail so if anybody wants to contact me use geoffpalmer111@hotmail.com

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ah but where is the Private Message bit???

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

Admin

Forum Admin
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just working on that bit Geoff [:p]

I'm surrounded by paper and files at the moment and the kids can't talk to me lol

Dave

PS I didn't crash your pC - unless you want me to lol [}:)]

G

got it boss,,,, myphoto thingy has appeared

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Simon R

Site Supporter
Dave

I'm on AOL - but i ain't got an Internet Explorer on my desktop.
Looks as though its still working anyway

Simon

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Simon,

Thanks for the feedback, it's nice to see it hasn't had an affect on other browsers, AOL's is one of the hardest to code for.

quote:Ah but where is the Private Message bit???

The PM's are now working after burning the midnight oil, they too have a little difference but one that should make life a little easier.

If you click a member's profile you can now send a PM from it so you don't have to go back and forth to the frontpage. Also there is a link in the navigation on the top right to your message centre.
In there you have the usual options to alter your preferences, send and delete but now with the addition of forwarding.
There is a limitas to how many you can store at any one time and that presently set at 10 inbox and 10 outbox. This is prevent the database fromclogging up with old messages.

If you receive a new message there will be an alert on the top of the forum as you are browsing.

Right got to go back to work now [V] so see you all later and if there are any problems, please let me know - I have one pair of hands but many pairs of eyes lol [:eek:)]

Dave

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
One pair of hands......since when? I thought it was 1 1/2 till the stiches come out lol

chill out go fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.