New Float Rod

Volvster

Some specs' here....Make what you like from them......:unsure:(y)

Middy 5G Trinity Waggler Rod
I think it is saying it will handle lines to 10lb, which might be required on some waters, I know my local water has Carp to 30lbs with an average of 14lbs and a lot are caught on the float, but the other waters have more Tench and F1's in them, so a rod that can take 4lb mainline without snapping on the strike is important, I think the Middy will deal with this.

Total

Site Supporter
I think it is saying it will handle lines to 10lb, which might be required on some waters, I know my local water has Carp to 30lbs with an average of 14lbs and a lot are caught on the float, but the other waters have more Tench and F1's in them, so a rod that can take 4lb mainline without snapping on the strike is important, I think the Middy will deal with this.
While I wouldn't generally disagree with your above post, recommended lines for a rod are a veryyyyy general guide ;):giggle:.....I generally rely on my experience to tell me what I can get away with....(y)

....As an aside, much respected angler Giles Cochrane used to use 8 pound line on a Silstar Wand type feeder rod with a recommended max' 4 pound line rating!:love::ROFLMAO:......And he not a bad angler!;)

Volvster

While I wouldn't generally disagree with your above post, recommended lines for a rod are a veryyyyy general guide ;):giggle:.....I generally rely on my experience to tell me what I can get away with....(y)

....As an aside, much respected angler Giles Cochrane used to use 8 pound line on a Silstar Wand type feeder rod with a recommended max' 4 pound line rating!:love::ROFLMAO:......And he not a bad angler!;)
I totally agree with you, but until you try a rod you don't know what you can get away with, for me as long as I can use 4lb or 6lb line straight through and have the power to deal with bigger fish without the rod folding is all I'm after and I didn't think replacing my broken rod would be so difficult or expensive

Volvster

I ended up buying a Maver MV-R Commercial 13ft 3 piece rod, it was in a sale for less than half price and it has a great write up, so now I can't wait to try it out.