new fishing suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Lazarus
just come to check my gear over for Semer only to find some f------g
mouse has eaten a great hole in the back of my blue fleece suit so iv;e got to buy another before Sunday ,would i be better off buying the same or buying a thermal water proof suit instead bearing in mind the fleece wasn't waterproof & would need some water proofs over the top any reccomendations on makes types of suit.

Cheer's Larry

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Larry, there are literally 100's of suits available and it is very hard to recommend one over another, without knowing your choice of size, colour, waterproof, thermal etc.,
In view of this, can I recommend that you do a google search, excluding blue (obviously a mouse in colour) and suggest the words 'mouse proof' included!

good Luck

trev

Ziptrev pug.gif Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

ray

larry, as trev says it depends on what ya want and how much ya got, i am saving to buy a minus ten suit, read a lot about them and tried a couple on, they are very good, keep all weathers out and with the sleep skin (thermal) suit it is very very warm.

"a fool and his litter are soon parted" take yours home
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Larry,

I have a one piece suit that is thermal quilted and waterproof and wasn't too expensive. It came from one of the 'Reggatta' shops which is an outdoor clothing store and cost <memory failing a bit> in the region of 40.00, excellent.
My one only problem with it though is if the weather is warm but wet it is useless as the last thing that you want is thermals.
I know a few lads who use the fleece suits with water proofs over the top and they offer the best of both worlds.

- Dave

Larry

Lazarus
thanks everyone for the info i think i'll go with Dave's suggestion good idea.

Cheer's Larry

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Hi Larry, I use a two piece Peter Storm suit from Millets, it is water proof and wind proof, and in the realy cold weather I use my fleece thermal suit under it works a treat and a lot cheaper than one of the tackle shops suits

Dai Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.