New Fishing Guru's series on Sky today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serious Sam

Seriously Serious
Just noticed a new program "Fishing Guru's" on Sky Sports 4 tonight at 6PM - sayd it starts Alex Bones and Steve Ringer so I think this must be the commercial guru DVD in serialised form ?

Gotta be worth a watch.

Serious Sam

Seriously Serious
Not bad that, obviously the guys are new at presenting but did ok - was great to see something on TV that's up to date and covers the way most people actually fish week to week.

If you're reading Steve, keep up the good work mate (and brush Alex's hair for him, it's all sticking up).

mikeshe

I did hear Matt Hayes one day say that Alex was a member of an 80's boyband. Anyone have any ideas which one it was?

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Ok I'm being pedantic but why is it called "Fishing Guru's" and not "Fishing Gurus"?

Has the mis-used apostrophe struck again? Although I am 55 I can still remember the junior school English lesson where the use of the apostrophe was revealed. It has to be one of the simplest of punctuation rules apart from the full stop yet so many get it wrong.

Apart from that I thought it was an excellent programme and explained the basics of the method feeder very well. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

polehead

Enjoyed it and lots of useful info there, especially for the likes of me that have never done method fishing..eek

walkerc3

Proud Geordie
Class - Ive got the GURU DVDs and this was great. I think I need to get me a new Shimanor rod.

cadburysnack

Originally posted by mikeshe

I did hear Matt Hayes one day say that Alex was a member of an 80's boyband. Anyone have any ideas which one it was?

I think he must of been taking the michael, Alex Bones is surely to young of been in an 80's Band....

mikeshe

Originally posted by cadburysnack

Originally posted by mikeshe

I think he must of been taking the michael, Alex Bones is surely to young of been in an 80's Band....

I did think that myself. I was trying to think of some groups that had kids in them in the 80's [xx(] I think you're right it must have been a mickey take about the hairstyle.

billybuster

ANDY FINDLAY is on tight lines fri sky sports and repeated sat morning at 7 now that's worth paying for

minnowmaster209

SPRO/Cralusso
Thanks for the notice billybuster, just put it on the sky+. Absolutly loved the fishing gurus. Lots to be learned from those 2 anglers. They're very nice people to.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Do you pay extra for sky sports 4 ??
pay for ss1 and ss2 and you get ss3 and ss4 free....
i enjoyed it..would have liked them to weigh their nets instead of just turning them over to allow the fish to swim off..whats point in using a net if you don't weigh or show the catch..

Marvin Waggler

Bass Blanker
Watched it last night and really enjoyed it, the 2 presenters came across as good fellas, and were clear and concise with their hints & tips, looking forward to the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.