New Feeder Reel

TrickyD

Site Supporter
I had the fs version of this, very nice reel with very shallow spools. I still have a MAP P3000 I use for float fishing.

richox12

Doesn't Nejohn's explanation contradict that and mean that 'xx'18 = it takes 150m of 8lb line ?

robinta

Slightly different question.

What's everyone's size preference for small to medium feeders (no big chucks reqd, 45-50m max)?

As I have a 3000 drennan I use for float fishing, my intention was to get another replacement 4000 for lead work.

An alternative would be use the 3000 for the feeder and get a 2000/2500 for waggler.

Any thoughts?

alsur

Site Supporter
Slightly different question.

What's everyone's size preference for small to medium feeders (no big chucks reqd, 45-50m max)?

As I have a 3000 drennan I use for float fishing, my intention was to get another replacement 4000 for lead work.

An alternative would be use the 3000 for the feeder and get a 2000/2500 for waggler.

Any thoughts?
I use 3000 Daiwa TDM and Procaster Evo, they are a bit bigger than Drennan FD3000, I did use that before I got TDM but TDM is much better.

robinta

In the end I've gone for a Daiwa Ninja LT 4000.. Looks and feels great for the price, and better than other reels I tried... Going to load it up with some 6lb line, ready for my next session.. Thanks for all the advice

alsur

Site Supporter
In the end I've gone for a Daiwa Ninja LT 4000.. Looks and feels great for the price, and better than other reels I tried... Going to load it up with some 6lb line, ready for my next session.. Thanks for all the advice
Did it come with a spare spool?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I said that in the first post ??you will not get a better reel than a Daiwa mate they knock spots off shimanos etc, all my reels are Daiwa-Basia, Emcasts, and ninjas, ??

Rickb

I have been through loads in my many years, but recently brought 2

Shimano Aero FA Feeder Reels, absolutley spot on, cant fault them from fishing in Ireland to the Severn, Wye, Avon.​

robinta

I have been through loads in my many years, but recently brought 2

Shimano Aero FA Feeder Reels, absolutley spot on, cant fault them from fishing in Ireland to the Severn, Wye, Avon.​

Thanks, but I've already bought my reel ?

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I said that in the first post ??you will not get a better reel than a Daiwa mate they knock spots off shimanos etc, all my reels are Daiwa-Basia, Emcasts, and ninjas, ??
All my reels are Daiwa except 1 shimano 6000 i think it is , i was given . Tdm ,ninja and mag sealed reels i forgot the name of and ive got 3 or 4 lol ,they were going cheap at bobco. I liked the older shimano reels