New fault on car

Zerkalo

I’ve just had my car in for a service and to fix the last fault, wanted it done before I drive down to Dorset tomorrow. The last fault was ‘Check Injection System’. Got that fixed by having a new pressure sensor and the fault hasn’t came back yet.

I was driving today though, had just been to the tackle shop after work, when it came up ‘Check Anti Pollution System’. Seems this is a generic fault for the Megane. I’ve had it come and go before so I think I will be alright for a while. It’s not in limp home mode.

Equally worrying though was a bleeping sound after I’d been to the tackle shop. I’d heard his bleeping sound before when I’m low on fuel. This time it was constant.

Got my dad to have a look when I got home and he agreed the Pollution message is generic but could not for the life of us work out what the bleeping sound was. It had stopped now anyway.

Then only just then my dad calls up the stairs, “I’ve worked out what the bleeping sound was!”

So… any guesses as to what we’ve worked out the bleeping sound to be shortly after I had been to the tackle shop?

It had us stumped for a while.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Seat belt sensor...?

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I’ve just had my car in for a service and to fix the last fault, wanted it done before I drive down to Dorset tomorrow. The last fault was ‘Check Injection System’. Got that fixed by having a new pressure sensor and the fault hasn’t came back yet.

I was driving today though, had just been to the tackle shop after work, when it came up ‘Check Anti Pollution System’. Seems this is a generic fault for the Megane. I’ve had it come and go before so I think I will be alright for a while. It’s not in limp home mode.

Equally worrying though was a bleeping sound after I’d been to the tackle shop. I’d heard his bleeping sound before when I’m low on fuel. This time it was constant.

Got my dad to have a look when I got home and he agreed the Pollution message is generic but could not for the life of us work out what the bleeping sound was. It had stopped now anyway.

Then only just then my dad calls up the stairs, “I’ve worked out what the bleeping sound was!”

So… any guesses as to what we’ve worked out the bleeping sound to be shortly after I had been to the tackle shop?

It had us stumped for a while.
Hand or foot brake

Zerkalo

What's that all about ?

Take not notice of Irishshybirds lol! He's a well known troll after getting upset when he said a Chub posted wasn't the weight the poster claimed it to be lol

Anyway for those who I DO bore I'm going on holiday for a week so I'm just getting my last MD fix for a while tonight, have fun in my absence I'm sure. :beer-toast1: (y)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Take not notice of Irishshybirds lol! He's a well known troll after getting upset when he said a Chub posted wasn't the weight the poster claimed it to be lol

Anyway for those who I DO bore I'm going on holiday for a week so I'm just getting my last MD fix for a while tonight, have fun in my absence I'm sure. :beer-toast1: (y)
Oh is that the Pr!ck ?

You don't bore anyone pal. We love your bright orange adventures. ??

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
If it's the PSA engine (Peugeot) which is used in loads of cars and vans I had lots of trouble with the "check anti polution" message on my van. It turned out to be the egr valve flap wasn't seated properly and was blowing exhaust fumes directly onto the fuel rail pressure sensor. That beacme covered in soot and carbon etc which sent up the message and then would drop into limp mode. A very Kind RAC man removed the sensor and gave it a good clean and refitted it and reseated the egr flap and it hasn't mised a beat since then about 5 years ago.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
i

Ive been converted ,got myself a guru feeder rest ,the end part lol. Have a great time Zerkalo ,and dont use any fske tan it turns you orange ,ooops ?