New Daiwa Connoisseur 8m whip ??

squimp

Site Supporter
Has any body tried the new Connoisseur 8m whip ?

I’m after a 8/9 m whip for Wye style fishing and at around £200 including a spare top 3 this new Daiwa sounds promising. However none of my local shops stock it.......
I can’t run to a Tricast or the top of the range Daiwa so it looks like the Cadence or the Conny ?

Any pointers gratefully received.

Total

Site Supporter
@squimp ......Our @dave brittain 1 is the person for this (amongst others) and will put you right regarding all your questions above. Very approachable and knowledgeable fella ;) (y)

squimp

Site Supporter
Thanks for the suggestions. I read the last (4 page) thread on whips and I’m sure the Acolyte would be fine. However the issue for me is the cost, by the time I’ve bought an extra top 3 the Acolyte budget will be close to £300.

however I’m not a serious match angler - just somebody messing about on the river ! I can‘t justify that sort of expenditure IF (and that is my question) the Conny will do the job for me ?

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
I do have the 6ms in Whip and Bolo and can vouch for their excellent value, have not seen the 8m tho'. But I hope it is not a re-vamp of the ZR as i bought one and found it lacking and not well made. These System Whips are whips and whips only. Would not recommend you wanting it to be used as a short elasticated "normal" pole as it will be a totally different action, I know I tried and it was useless. So, as a System Whip, river or still -OK.
Cadence has an offer on Cadence Fishing UK. Inc, a spare top kit. Remember tho' the top 6m are tele. But looks like it ends TODAY.
BobCo also has a video on the Conny' on the rack
Hope this helps.