New club with strict bait rules

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
If it were me I would fish two rods if allowed. I would set up a feeder rod with either cage feeder or method using groundbait with corn or worm on the hook and use that almost as a sleeper rod and on the other rod maggot and waggler to get a feel for the place.

Thats the plan, might skive off work a bit early...

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just had a look on Google maps and both lakes look good :upthumb: Which one is the Coarse Lake, The Upper or Lower lake?

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Just had a look on Google maps and both lakes look good :upthumb: Which one is the Coarse Lake, The Upper or Lower lake?
Upper Lake is coarse. Lower is trout fly only.

Loads of bits, pretty much one a chuck. Saw bigger ones jump and saw one inches from the platform I was on but couldn't get through the small ones to anything over about 8oz. I think I need some big lob worms.

Snapped my quiver tip which was a pain but never mind, still an enjoyable evening

rudd

Site Supporter
Can you use pellets or wheat?
Chickpeas may be a good option.
Or can you only use baits on list?
Do you have to wear camouflage? ?

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
I'm not 100% on wheat or chickpeas, will have to ask for clarification. Pellets are explicitly banned as are "boilies or similar high protein baits". Normally I'd consider pushing my luck but not when the bailiffs might be armed...

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Didn't feel out of place in my carpy green hoodie ?
Only two others on the lake, neither looked like soldiers, most of the people I saw were officer cadets in their No1s

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just about to post the same, seeing as they're so strict. A few commercials round our way have banned bread.
They say no floating bait, and that is usually the reason for banning bread ! Numpties throwing slice after slice in to bring the fish to the surface . If you are using bread as a hook bait only, no harm done !

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
we had a similar estate lake ...and rules. The bream and tench fell to liquidised bread and 6-8mm punch. worth a try?

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
we had a similar estate lake ...and rules. The bream and tench fell to liquidised bread and 6-8mm punch. worth a try?
I think the punch would be taken by the bits on the drop but I'll give it a go. It might be that I just have to work through the small stuff and hope something bigger comes and pushes them off

Silver fan 82

I think the punch would be taken by the bits on the drop but I'll give it a go. It might be that I just have to work through the small stuff and hope something bigger comes and pushes them off
To be honest I think that's what you will have to do. I was gonna suggest a big lump of meat or a plastic bait maybe glugged in flavour but then realised that neither are allowed.
How about a big prawn or a cockle?

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Funny you should say prawn. I’ve emailed them as the rules say these baits are banned, then lists only these baits are allowed and lists some but I suspect prawns will be a no.
It doesn’t say any thing about pike fishing, with the amount of silvers, if there are pike they could be massive as they have plenty to eat

Silver fan 82

Funny you should say prawn. I’ve emailed them as the rules say these baits are banned, then lists only these baits are allowed and lists some but I suspect prawns will be a no.
It doesn’t say any thing about pike fishing, with the amount of silvers, if there are pike they could be massive as they have plenty to eat
Prawns maybe a no but probably only because of people overfeeding with them. If it's a yes then probably we'll worth a try.
There would be a good chance of big pike if there are plenty of silvers in the lake.