New Club in North Kent - new members needed!

Justkeeptryin

After many years the club I belonged to sadly folded last year. Taking the bull by the horns, a few of us have decided to form a new club called the Bexley and District Anglers Club.

Approx 14/15 of the 'old' club have joined up and we are looking for about another 10 new members. Most of us live in the Bexleyheath/Crayford/Dartford area, hence the new club name, but we will welcome anyone from a much wider area as the venues we propose visiting are spread out across Kent, Essex, Sussex and Surrey.

Obviously before I go ahead and book venues, I need to know how many members we will have, however the plan is:

13 matches on the following dates (all SATURDAYS):

Feb 18th
Mar 10th, 31st
Apr 28th
May 19th
Jun 9th, 30th
Jul 21st
Aug 11th
Sep 1st, 22nd
Oct 13th
Nov 3rd

The league will comprise of the best 10 matches out of 12 fished and there will be a one-off 'winner-takes-all' match which, dependant on how many members we get, could generate a pretty decent prize!

The venues will be 13 from the following list:

Monk Lakes (Maidstone Kent)
Lavender Farm (Faversham Kent)
Claygate lakes (Yalding, Kent)
Elphicks fishery (Hormonsdon Kent)
Hawkhurst (Goudhurst Kent)
Hartleylands Farm (Cranbrook Kent)
Orchard Place Farm (Paddock Wood Kent)
Cackle Hill Lakes (Biddenden Kent)
Stones Fishery (Sheerness Kent)
Colemans Cottage (Witham, Essex)
Tylers Common (Brentwood Essex)
Puddledock Farm (Upminster Essex)
Cuton Lakes (Chelmsford Essex)
Beaver Farm (Lingfield Surrey)
Frant lakes (Frant Sussex)
Framfield Lakes (Framfield East Sussex)

As soon as I know how many members we've got, we'll book venues and match to the dates. As we fish Saturday's, booking venues is easier and based on previous experience I'm sure that we will book the dates without too much trouble.

Prices will be a 20 joining fee (to be put towards deposits for the venues), each league match will be 15 (pay the remaining lake fee, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes and money in the 'golden peg' pot) and 20 for the one-off 'winner-takes-all' match (to pay the lake fee and generate a decent prize!).

Please contact me (Dave) by replying here, or my email address is bladderman211@aol.com (go for a beer with me and that will makes sense!) or mobile is 07595 480334.

cheers

Dave

rookery54

DAVE

I would be interested

however wouldn't be able to make all dates due to other commitments

Justkeeptryin

Rook

great, will be happy to have a chat. If you can make more than not, should be ok. Do you want to PM/email or ring and we can take from there.

cheers

Dave