New Bivvy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Hi

I'm thinking of splashing out on a new Bivvy.

Any thoughts on ones to go for, or avoid, welcome.

I'm looking for a 1 or 1.5 man one, used for mainly24 hour sessions, plus the occasional 2/3 day sesion (e.g. A Fish-In).

Thanks

AlanP

Beebs

I bought a 1 man Shakespear Cypry bivvy this year and have found it to be excellent. Didn't let the rain in when it lashed it down. You can get an additional storm groundsheet for about 15 for extra protection. You can also get storm fly sheets as well, but I don't know how that differs from the supplied fly sheet. (Thicker maybe???).
If you look around, you can pick one up for about 65 and they've also got the zip up porch so you can use your cookers out of the wind & rain.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Alan,

Bivvy wise mine's a Rod Hutchinson Geo 2.2 and an excellent bivvy. Also check out the Shakespeare Cypry Excel as beebs has said.
One thing to look for when buying one is the ease of putting up. Some can be an absolute nightmare to erect on your own. For one nighters you could also look at the 'overwraps' that can be bought to go over 45 and 50 inch brollies

Dave

angler-mark

Hi Alan,

I can vouch for Dave's being big enough, at the Trent Fish-in he had 35 sheep in his and there was still room for his bed and coloured telly. I must point out though, that the sheep were only in there to protect themselves from Phil, who seemed to take an unatural interest in them all weekend. [;)]

Tight Lines

Mark

Larry

Lazarus
ask Dave or Stu if they are selling their's they don't use them when it get's frosty about now the time prefer to use local hostelry lol

Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Ther's a lot more Pigs than Sheep round here.

Dave/Stu - Will they fit in as well?

AlanP

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I don't know about that but if you ask Les Middy the make of his you'll find it fits the bill perfectly - he always seems to have a warthog or potbellied one in his [:D] lol

No offence Les [;)]

Dave

norm

dave
if you are going to take the water out of someone just do it

dont try to crawl later by saying things like no offence (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.