New bait shop in Driffield

SeanB

Site Supporter
Just a quick heads up for anyone in East Yorkshire, there's a new bait shop opened in Driffield called Bonza Baits. They have a small amount of tackle, stock Boland groundbait and a range of pellets to buy per kilo or sack. Maggots are £2.20 a pint which is the cheapest I'm aware of locally, worms and casters can be ordered.
Prices are very reasonable so definitely worth a try if you are in the area.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Always nice to see new tackle and bait shops open wherever they are! When I used to work for a (dreaded) pub management company we used to have pubs in Driffield and Beverley... used to love chatting to the landlords from those areas though never been myself.

SeanB

Site Supporter
There are some lovely places in the area, although I suspect you have a better variety of fishing down your way.
But I agree, it's good to see new shops opening.

JayD

That surprises me, Unless it's changed I wouldn't have thought that there was a large customer base in the area. I thought that it was mainly fly fishing, with a smattering of coarse fish, and the obligatory carp waters at Emottland.

John.

SeanB

Site Supporter
They sell pet supplies as well so I guess that will widen their customer base.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
That surprises me, Unless it's changed I wouldn't have thought that there was a large customer base in the area. I thought that it was mainly fly fishing, with a smattering of coarse fish, and the obligatory carp waters at Emottland.

John.
Plus a canal , and easy access to york waters and hull

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter

John.
You'd be surprised.
There's Wansford Trout Pond, but apart from that ...
Driffield Beck and Foston Beck fly fishing is dead men's shoes.
Unless you can afford a day ticket on Mulberry Whin?

JayD

I stand corrected, I wasn't knocking the opening of the shop, (I've seen too many close down, to do that), just that I wondered how viable a proposition it would be. It's a long time since I fished in that area, it was mainly trout, in the canal, upper Hull, and west beck, with a smattering of coarse fish. I did a quick google, and I see that there have been several more fishing 'complexes' built over the years. Sadly some adjacent to the R Hull and ripe for 'sharing' their stock in times of flooding.

John.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
I've had a couple of periods in my life that Driffield has been a significant part of. It's entirely possible that I've missed something in one of the longer periods of not visiting, but it seems likely that Driffield hasn't had a tackle/bait outlet since the mid to late 90s. It's good to hear that it has got one again.