New bait discovered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachie-J

Hello, i have discovered an new bait! the carp go crazy for it and just can't get enough!
Ok in the black country we eat summat called "Grae paes" in english "grey Peas". Most market shops do them,they are a type of pulse. The other is calles "Tares" but haven't tried them personally.
Boil them for a couple of hours, keep stirring! (or they'll weld to the bottom of the pan and the wife will go spare!), DO NOT LET THEM GO MUSHY! they have the tendancy if boiled for too long to go to like mushy peas, no good at all. When they just begin to soften, turn them off and drain. When cool sort through and find the whole ones,(these look like split little balls, or like peanuts).
they hook pretty well if you get the right consistency, its just a case of keep playin and findinthe right consistency.
As i said before the carp go mad for them and tend to prefer them over a paste if offered!

ashtheangler

Team tackletek
I've used tares and lupins before mate - another good particle is chickpea as well as black eyed beans

micklen

Tares have been around since the beginning of time and can be a killer bait fished over a bed of hemp

Really a big roach bait but I have caught some nice carp on them

Never used Lupins but have heard good things about them

There's not much that is natural that hasn't been tried in this game at some time or another [;)]

Mick

ashtheangler

Team tackletek
and bogeys...[:p] - has anyone seen that "carp corn" yet? it comes in a small tub and it's about 8 times the size of a normal grain of corn and come in loads of different flavours. shame they couldnt call it "carp, tench and bream corn" instead lol

jaws

Why tell every buggar about it go on the 'Dragons Den'[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.