New angler

Status
Not open for further replies.

cally

Hi
i am new to the forum and also to fishing in general just wandering best places to fish on the wirral. at the moment im just looking to fish for roach/ rudd. any tips would also be greatly appreciated as at the moment i really am the worlds worst angler.

cheers

HALTON DANGLER

get searching on the internet mate, im sure theres a site called wirral anglers or somthing like that, get yourself joined to a local angling club you wil learn so much from watching and speaking to other anglers. plus this is a great place for heklp on any angling mateers you come across. welcome!!!

cally

thanks Halton ive been on the bank a couple of times loved being out but i could'nt catch a cold!!

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Best advice is to join a club, local tackle shop or local paper for details. Fish their matches and you will learn very quickly.

Spend some time each match sitting behind someone who is catching and pick their brains. Ask if its OK first as not everyone likes an audience. Then go back to your peg and try out what you have learned. Don't be intimidated. In a typical club you will have all levels of ability and most people go for the fun and banter, though some will be serious and after the money. You'll soon learn who is who.

Maybe even ask if you can go out on a pleasure session or two with other members and then you and they will have more time for a bit of coaching. And don't be put off by the tackle. A good angler doesn't need all the best gear, though it does help.

jrog

There is a decent club you can join called portsunlight angling club, google it and you will get all the info you need to join, if you decide it's for you an can get a licence give me a shout and I will join you on there waters and try an help you out as much as can with regards to the fishing.
Tight lines.
John

cally

Thanks John
i may well take you up on your offer need all the help i can get!!!

jrog

No problem mate just Inbox me whenever you are ready an we will sort something out, I am in Birkenhead, and go out most Sundays.

Status
Not open for further replies.