New advert rules.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Seriously??

Some people need to get a life and stop being offended by their own thoughts and opinions.

Has it come to this now where every minute detail of our lives is scrutinised just in case someone somewhere might read into something something that doesn't exist?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Rightly so the conveyor ad was banned,do they not know that for all adverts now the children should be of a different coloured skin to at least one of the parents.

On the flip side though perhaps banning this ad wasn't a bad thing :LOL::LOL:
"The other, VW ad, showed men being adventurous as a woman sat by a pram. "

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
There was an advert on the telly recently which showed various couples, gay, lesbian, b&w, w&b, just about every possible combination except, you've guessed it a white heterosexual couple - I was so offended :D

Corn Master

Remember the VW ad that got banned which had the little dog that was nervous when outside but when in the VW Polo was happy and signing. That was a bit much. Was a great ad

Chervil

Site Supporter
Could you imaging if they rerun adverts, like the old Cadbury's flake one? The snowflakes (see what I did there), would be apoplectic.

BP2659753.jpg

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
What that be down to she is eating milk and not dark chocolate = that's racial discrimination in some eyes :)

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Could you imaging if they rerun adverts, like the old Cadbury's flake one? The snowflakes (see what I did there), would be apoplectic.

BP2659753.jpg
sod em

Last edited by a moderator:

tonerain

Site Supporter
Almost always the people who object to such as this are employed by national and/or local government or a quango.
So they are employed on a great salary with job security.

Their job, therefore, is to investigate claims of stereotyping or, in other cases, prejudice against someone or other.

If I was in a great job with a big salary, benefits and pension I'm damn sure I would find something to investigate!

62tucker

Site Supporter
Rightly so the conveyor ad was banned,do they not know that for all adverts now the children should be of a different coloured skin to at least one of the parents.

On the flip side though perhaps banning this ad wasn't a bad thing :LOL::LOL:
"The other, VW ad, showed men being adventurous as a woman sat by a pram. "

Only 3 people complained about the VW ad. Yes 3. Three.