New Addition - Auction Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi everyone,

At the Elvington weekend it was suggested that we should have an Auction facility on the site where you could sell unwanted items in addition to our Classifieds page.

So here we have it: www.maggotdrowning.com/auctions

The instructions are pretty much self explanatory and there is a test item on there if you wish to have a play with the functions.
The Auction can be used for any selling any items whether or not fishing related, please take a moment to read the 'User Agreement'.

If you find any bugs in it will you let me know,

Thanks, Dave

Edited by - Dave on 11 August 2002 12:56:33 AM

martin.

Account Locked
looks good dave brill idea.
have read the useragreement 7 the sexualy explisit one does tha mean i have to be carefull which of my whips i put on there

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Edited by - martin. on 06 August 2002 08:25:43 AM

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
I think its a brill idea, I cant wait for people to put things up for auction

Dai Fish

ray

i dont, look at the price of that bivvy.icon_smile_big.gif

if you take it with you...take it home.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

ray

naw, good idea, whos gonna be the first?

if you take it with you...take it home.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

animal

looks a brill idier look forward to takin part when there any items for sale

animal

animal

quote:
Hi everyone,

At the Elvington weekend it was suggested that we should have an Auction facility on the site where you could sell unwanted items in addition to our Classifieds page.

So here we have it: www.maggotdrowning.com/auction

The instructions are pretty much self explanatory and there is a test item on there if you wish to have a play with the functions.
The Auction can be used for any selling any items whether or not fishing related, please take a moment to read the 'User Agreement'.

If you find any bugs in it will you let me know,

Thanks, Dave
how doo u get into clasified page

animal

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Animal, under the maggot logo at top of page were it says Maggotdrowning.com click the drop down arrow then classifieds.

teepee.

norm

teepee
i may be wrong (and if i am i am sure you will let me know)lol
but the auctions has nowt to do with the classifieds

WHO`S PEG CAN I CAST INTO?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi all,

The auctions are seperate to the Classifieds.
The Classifieds are for advertising items of a fixed price or placing wanted or swap ads, the auctions will be for advertising goods at a reserve price which can then be sold to the highest bidder.

Both pages will be linked but at the moment I am writing a whole new auction page because the one above isn't living up to my expectations and despite re-writng over half of the files I'm now stuck due to the way the database was originally set out.

The new one will be up shortly so please don't post anything serious on the old one - mess about by all means though as it will be deleted shortly icon_smile.gif

Cheers, Dave

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
teepee
i may be wrong (and if i am i am sure you will let me know)lol
but the auctions has nowt to do with the classifieds

Norm go on then i'll let you no i was just answering animals question!
but i will forgive you because being a new DAD and your eyes could of been a bit glassy from weting the babies head,and not reading the posts properly!

teepee.

norm

teepee

you are right , i have read the post again and it does say how do you get on to the classifieds
sorry mateicon_smile_dead.gificon_smile_dead.gificon_smile_dead.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile_wink.gif
WHO`S PEG CAN I CAST INTO?

animal

quote:
Animal, under the maggot logo at top of page were it says Maggotdrowning.com click the drop down arrow then classifieds.

teepee.
cheers teepee found it with ease after ur guidence

animal

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi everyone,

Finally (touch wood, lol) I have put up the new auction site and it is now up and running for all to use:

www.maggotdrowning.com/auctions

As before please take a moment to read the User Agreement and the Sellers & Buyers info.

This application will email you if you are outbid on an item to invite you to up your bid. It will also email the seller and the successful bidder at the end of the auction.

Registration is not neccessary to view the auctions but is so should you wish to either sell or bid.

TRADE SELLERS: If you are in a Trade i.e. Retail and wish to use the auction to sell some stock, please do so but make it known in the description that you are Trade, also please use the Trade categories.

Have fun and enjoy and any problems please let me know,

Cheers, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.