Never judge a book by its cover.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
A day or so before Xmas I'd just parked my car in a supermarket car park when I saw a fairly scruffy looking guy, mid-thirties-ish, being told "No." by another customer at their car.
The chap then headed towards me and began quite politely; "Excuse me sir. I've got brain damage ..." Now when a conversation begins with that I am instantly rather wary :) But I let him continue ... " ...and my mum looks after my finances, and she hasn't put enough on my card for me to get the cash out." Again I'm instantly ready for the begging for a quid phase. But no. He continued ... "So please would you phone her for me and ask her to put more money on it?".

I believed his story and took pity on him in his plight. Not only did I dial the number he gave me as his mum's. But I let him speak on the phone. (I did make sure I was close enough to grab him if he tried to do a runner with my phone though - which he didn't) After speaking he returned the phone to me and was extremely grateful for my act of kindness.

As the subject says; "Never judge a book by its cover."

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You'll find your phone bill will have £30 deducted from it for a premium rate call :D

Joking apart, nice one Muskie, I just hope it was genuine :)

Dusty

You'll find your phone bill will have £30 deducted from it for a premium rate call :D

Joking apart, nice one Muskie, I just hope it was genuine :)

Was just about to comment the same thing ?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Funny story about Phones, my bro in law before he went Tits up once rang me to say his phone bill was 200 and odd quid, i said how ? he said his step daughter had been ringing a music line as it said on the bill virgin line, thinking Virgin Records, i said ring it, he did and it started, For big Breasts press 1, For pulsating Vaginas Press 2 ...... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He rang me back and said he was gonna kill Gavin his step son :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
A few months ago the wife and I were in Aldi, not our usual branch this was in quite a rough area. A young couple came in with a child in a pram. She was a large lass swearing like a trouper and he appeared to have perhaps mental disabilities. To be honest I thought she was his carer at first. He was running up and down the isles racing with the pram keeping the baby amused. I noticed him as we were going around approaching people, talking about a credit card. Everybody declined whatever he was offering. I must admit I was trying to avoid them in each isle.

We eventually finished the shop and went to the tills. The assistant was terrible literally throwing the items through far quicker than we could pack. I just about refrained from passing comment. The wife went to pay the bill by her debt card which is contactless and couldn’t find it anywhere. It had gone. She thought she may of dropped it outside getting the token out for the trolley. The assistant on the next till informed us a card had just been handed in, which I described the couple to her and she agreed it was them. I felt terrible pre judging them and ran out the shop to find them and give them a reward for their honesty but they had dissapeared. They could of quite easily gone on a spending spree using contactless. We often go back to the store on the off chance we will see them to thank and reward them for their honesty.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Funny story about Phones, my bro in law before he went Tits up once rang me to say his phone bill was 200 and odd quid, i said how ? he said his step daughter had been ringing a music line as it said on the bill virgin line, thinking Virgin Records, i said ring it, he did and it started, For big Breasts press 1, For pulsating Vaginas Press 2 ...... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He rang me back and said he was gonna kill Gavin his step son :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I can just about beat that one, i was called into the office one day and one of the big bosses was sat there looking grumpy as usual, before i even got to say "Hi" he started "just so you know, your wages will be £150 short this month, i'll be taking that for the phone bill we've recieved from ****** and Charlie will be short by the same amount"

I told him "you touch my wages and i'll sue you for theft, and i bloody mean it"

He replied "do what you want but i'll win, you can't expect the company to cover the £300 bill from ****** so to be fair i'm taking half each from you two, you can fight it out between you for the responsible one to pay back the other"

I moved towards him and leant knuckles down on his desk, and said "if you touch my wages i'll bloody sue you, and i will win and not only will i win i'll also go for compensation for the loss of interest and everything i can" i then pointed at the ops manager and said "you've worked there, tell me where the fu***ing phone is at *****"

The ops manager looked at me and then looked at the boss and said "erm, he's right, there isn't a phone out there" i then interupted and said "no there ain't we have to use OUR mobiles to call anyone, i'm using my money to run company business...maybe i should start charging you for all the calls i make. how does £1.50 a second sound"

He then explodes and starts shouting at me, the other boss comes in and tries to calm everything down, then asks me why i was arguing with his business partner so i explained the situation from start to finish, and he looks at me, looks at the ops manager then looks at the other boss and says "we've got a safe full of mobile bloody phones why the hell are the lads having to use their own..get one out there for tonight" (he's the majority owner so what he says goes) i walk outside and he calls me over...slips me £20 and tells me to take my bills in and he'll pay me for each call i made while on duty i told him it didn't matter and the £20 will be fine.

I get to work that night and see the sons owner, he's virtually running the company so i pop over and ask him what the hell was going on and why had they sent the bill to my company.
He looks at me all confused and says "Al, you haven't got a phone in there so why the hell would i send the bill to your compa....." his eyes sort of lit up as he realised something and he says "all i can do is say sorry, and wait till i see *** (his sister) in the morning, i told the bitch not to send the bill to you lot, now she's made me look bloody stupid"

Turns out he'd told her not to send the bill untill they'd had the itemised bill he'd asked for, when it came the calls were all made to a chat line, they were made between the hours of 1800 and 2200, when he checked the vehicles logs (we book every one on and off site) the calls matched the dates and times his sister had come back on site....with her daughter, who was being left alone downstairs,,,guess who'd been ringing the chat lines :D

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
How these people get to be in charge is beyond me. Some years ago I was accused of being the main user of the works internet by frequently contacting Facebook. The dumb-donkey manager had been given some stats so he equated the top internet user (me) with the top site visited (FB). He had to apologise after I pointed out that I *never* use FB and I don't even have an FB account. My being the top internet user was down to contacting things like Cisco and Dell support pages for work purposes.(and the occasional MDs which I didn't mention ;) ).