Negative Savings Interest Rates ?

TrickyD

Site Supporter
When my daughter was a baby, we entered a competition with a local building society. We won, and the prize was an account with £100 in it. We kept it as at the time societies were being bought out, so hoped for a windfall. It never happened. So now, after nearly 30 years, it has grown to a massive £140:(.

davylad

Site Supporter
You have to be a lucky person regarding premium bonds, as the average return is only 1%, mind you that's still more than a few bank accounts.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Well just checked my premium bonds and not the big win again but have won 7x £25. Most I have won in a month so can’t be bad.
Now. What can I treat myself to ?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Been spent for me. 2 daughters informed me I am going 1/3rds on a Dyson fan for the caravan.
Don’t know why. Front doors open. Side door open. Always plenty draughty through for me but it keep them happy. There going up on Saturday for 2 weeks. Been a tough 3 months for them on the front line.

Blanks

Site Supporter
Gold is not that reliable, back in the great depression the US Federal govt made it illegal for private citizens to own gold. They compulsory purchased and when they had it all they doubled the price of gold.