needs to be done.

KevinT

Signed as I believe these apex predators are damaging stocks of wild fish populations where they aren't managed due to them being both protected and without any natural predators to manage their populations - private water can be fenced off at great cost, but not natural waters...........

KevT

CarpCatcher86

Signed.
The only problem regards waters that aren't in the middle of no where.
A 22 FAC air rifle, bolt action 22 rifle or a shotgun are really the only things capable of taking down cormarants cleanly.
Such methods would not be acceptable or allowed on many waters I know due to what lies in the surrounding area.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Signed, trouble is otters are cuddly. Seen them in Stalham boatyard, bold as brass.

rudd

Site Supporter
Signed.
The only problem regards waters that aren't in the middle of no where.
A 22 FAC air rifle, bolt action 22 rifle or a shotgun are really the only things capable of taking down cormarants cleanly.
Such methods would not be acceptable or allowed on many waters I know due to what lies in the surrounding area.
? only a 12 gauge is safe and humane enough to take one down in flight, would think the .22 would need a clean head shot to work with bird on the ground.

rudd

Site Supporter
Filled in the EA/Defra official thing back end of last year for goosanders/cormorants.
If passed dont think Joe Public will kick up a fuss.

Otters, start on them and we are fuelling the demise of angling - which is already happening.

smiffy

Site Supporter
Not signed.
People need to start these petitions based on fact rather than emotion. Take Otter off the petition title and add the EA maybe;)