Needs must....

Northantslad

'Any indications?
If it gets a bit of colour in, you can do the same with a 12mm boilie Dave. 5mm diameter bit of rig foam, 4mm drill bit, plug it through and hair rig through the boilie and foam. Will give a better waft for pressured fish. I am thinking the take on worm was yes because your bait wasn't fouled, but also because it presented more naturally. The same can be achieved with larger pellets if you are careful on the drilling, then hair through the foam. When it swells slightly it grips enough to stay on.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Needs Must #4

Back on the Wharfe again . The river had gone down overnight but risen again in the past hour with a lot of debri coming down.

Similar tactics to last time, worm on a paternoster using a bit of black rig foam to counterbalance the weight of the worm and hook.
Let's see what happens...
View attachment 20201119_110356_1.mp4

Last edited:

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
plenty of flounders on Walton coast, watch a guy catch 3 in 3 minutes yesterday

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If it keeps rising like it is I'll need a boat lol

Total

Site Supporter
@Dave......That slack to your right, just off that tree looks good for a bite....:love:(y)

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've got both leads tucked in to the original margins which are normally about 4 to 5ft here.
Still a lot of rubbish coming down though so might grab my sarnies then call it a day lol...

2020-11-1912.53.463896481017291527966.jpg

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well I called it a day around 1:30'ish as the river was still rising, rubbish was still coming down and fouling the lines, and the wind was bitterly cold so not pleasant sat out in it.
At least I didn't blank, my fully trained worms did me proud, and I managed to get back home to do a tip run that I'd previously booked but was going to let slide.

Needs Must episode 5 coming shortly, well next week all being well, there's a big Bertie in there with my name on it somewhere ;)