Needs must....

jpwebster

Love this stretch of the Wharfe. Plenty of big chub and barbel to be had. Great for wading out in certain pegs, when it's low enough.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I wouldn't have tried wading that peg today :)

It was a nice afternoon out ;)

jpwebster

I wouldn't have tried wading that peg today :)

It was a nice afternoon out ;)
Yeah you'd soon be in the Ouse trying to wade at that level :p

First time I fished Taddy the water was lapping the upper bank opposite in your pics must've been a good 3/4m up, next time I was there I realised what it was supposed to look like and wondered how I'd managed to get a barbel out as I was fishing in the bushes :LOL:

Always a nice day out to Taddy, even when the local chavs decide to throw bricks into your swim narrowly missing your rod, good job I didn't catch them when I gave chase across the bridge.

bettsfan

Maybe I should have stuck at saying "It does look lovely"

Good Luck on Friday Dave, good on you for getting out there.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm quite impressed with that little video, even on a 24" monitor in 'Full screen' it's quite clear :)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Needs Must #3

About 50m further down the stretch this time, a bit better bank to fish off but the water is tanking through even though running clear... 20201113_115859.jpg 20201113_115906.jpg 20201113_115911.jpg

A lovely autumn day but not sure if too bright, we'll have to wait and see :)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
All quiet on the western front, not even a sniff on worm so far

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I haven't got any with me lol.

Meat and worm at the moment 2 rods and rod out from the bank about 35ft down stream

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Change of tact.... soaked boilie on one rod and paternostered worm in the other. If that doesn't do the trick then there are no fish in here lol

Four more have been fishing today 2 on each bank up and further down the stretch and nothing caught. Even the fry in the margins are isolating 😆

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
not long till the witching hour so fingers crossed it happens then if not before!