Need to make hook link float. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

markharding

Got myself a Korda cruzer and works fine apart from it puts hook length under water where it joins causing the whole hook length to then sink pulling bait next to it and about 3 foot of line under too. Is there any thing you can use to stop it sinking without resulting to buying owt fancy. Reason being going out again tonight but won't be able to get to buy anything fancy if that makes sense

cheers

markharding

Thanks for that. Is there anything thou around the home I can use thou untill I can get some whee such as candle wax or the likes

markharding

Lol. Think misses has some for her lips her mouth that is!!! If not anything else

nobby478

miserable old ....
In an emergency you can use the grease on the skin on the side of your nose[xx(]

Sounds disgusting but it works a treat.

Old trick from Chris Ball the carper and angling historian.

Brute1981

Mucilin and Vaseline are the traditional methods.

I've heard good things about that new Korda floater line, I usually tie my hooklinks up with the Fox Zig/Floater line which is very bouyant.

Last edited:

markharding

I've put vasaline on my line but after all that were gone to the bar lol. I'll try it tomoz thou and see how I get on with it!! Does look very sloppy thou!!!!!

Andy Macfarlane

Originally posted by nobby478

In an emergency you can use the grease on the skin on the side of your nose[xx(]

Sounds disgusting but it works a treat.

Old trick from Chris Ball the carper and angling historian.

Just what I was going to say and it actually goes quite far, for so little.

T1Cybernetic

I have a tiny tub of vaseline in the box too that I use for the tips of my pole floats which also comes in handy to grease the line up! Works great on a normal hook length too when fishing on the pole you can slow down your hook bait a little bit with that stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.