Need new pellet grinder

pikey123

Any help much appreciated my food processor pellet grinder has give up working so now need a replacement.I need to grind pellets to groundbait consistency any thoughts as to which is the best.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I got mine from a car boot sale for a fiver. Works a treat and made by Kenwood.

carpole

Delonghi coffee grinder Argos £24.99 grinds pellet really fine great for paste.Ony does a small batch of pellets though had mine a few years never let me down.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Any help much appreciated my food processor pellet grinder has give up working so now need a replacement.I need to grind pellets to groundbait consistency any thoughts as to which is the best.
I use a hand coffee bean grinder. The one I've got, you can adjust the grind from fine to rough depending on how you want to use the end product. It's a cheap option and I'm on my third season with it now. I use it on 4mm pellets usually but it handles 6mm ok too

jpwebster

I seem to burn them out after a couple months so have now opted for the old school manual method;

Easy to adjust grind and takes about 5 mins a kg if you give it some welly. I chose to do it when the other half and next door neighbour are out as it is a bit noisy!

dubdog

$_1.jpeg I got one of these of eBay for around fifty pounds. You can blast large amounts of pellets for ground bait and paste. Saving money in the long run. Coffee grinders are not powerful enough and will burn out. Plus you can only do small amounts.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Against 3 or5 quid from a boot sale and I've had mine over 15 years.
I considered getting something like that which uses a lot of power, but why would I want to grind up a kg of pellets, rather than just buy a bag of already crushed ones? Would that not be a cheaper option?

I tend to rotate my pellets between method feeders and as an additive to a groundbait/feeder mix. Generally I only need to grind up small quantities so I use a hand grinder

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
What are you all using ground pellets for? A straight up question, I have never ground a pellet nor do I feel the inclination to do so, what advantage would it give me?

Cobweb

Site Supporter
What are you all using ground pellets for? A straight up question, I have never ground a pellet nor do I feel the inclination to do so, what advantage would it give me?
Other than hookbait or method feeder fill, my pellets (either krill or vanilla) are ground and used as an additive to my feeder mix depending on what I am targetting (I also use 2mm pellets in a feeder mix too). I've tried using bulk buy standard pellets, but find find the smaller bags with particular flavouring more effective mixed (or not) with standard feeder/groundbait bag content. I'm finding Sonubaits bags particularly effective, but Ringers is ok too

With this I find my catch rates are up

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Sacks of 10, 14, 20 mm pellets are cheaper than 2mm pellets, and l buy the 10mm that way I can band em as well as grind them down.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Sacks of 10, 14, 20 mm pellets are cheaper than 2mm pellets, and l buy the 10mm that way I can band em as well as grind them down.
OOooh bigger pellets - Haven't graduated to those yet on the gear I most regularly use to early doubles:)

adriang

Site Supporter
Might be a dumb question here.. so you're grinding them to make them to wear them down, getting smaller ones plus powder? (rather than blitzing them to oblivion?).

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
You can take them down to dust or crumb to add to a groundbait mix, or grind down to small particle to use in a pva bag with a 10mm on a hair.
The small ones 1.5mm are great but more expensive, buying 20kg of 8 or 10 mm is way much cheaper, and all it take is a bit of effort(manual not electric)