Need a long cupping kit, advice appreciated.

Barrycuda

Hi

Got a bit of an issue that Im struggling to resolve.

The cupping kit that came with my new pole is the same length as the power kits, but I want to use the match kits with number 1s in. These measure 3m10cm, which is a good 600mm longer than the cupping kit. Does anyone know of a cupping kit that I could buy and cut down to the same length? Im struggling to find anything. The old garbo extendable cupping kit would have been perfect, but it seems the ones available now are newer models which are considerably shorter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Baz

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hi

Got a bit of an issue that Im struggling to resolve.

The cupping kit that came with my new pole is the same length as the power kits, but I want to use the match kits with number 1s in. These measure 3m10cm, which is a good 600mm longer than the cupping kit. Does anyone know of a cupping kit that I could buy and cut down to the same length? Im struggling to find anything. The old garbo extendable cupping kit would have been perfect, but it seems the ones available now are newer models which are considerably shorter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Baz
Add your spare short 3 to cupping kit put a piece of tape to mark same length on short 3..or short 4 whatever your pole is

Barrycuda

Hi Robert, cheers for the reply mate.
The pole is the middy xi20-3, and after contacting middy about this issue I was told the adaptive Q parallel third section will not take the cupping kit to the required length, as its around 30cm in length.

robert d

Site Supporter
Hi Robert, cheers for the reply mate.
The pole is the middy xi20-3, and after contacting middy about this issue I was told the adaptive Q parallel third section will not take the cupping kit to the required length, as its around 30cm in length.
Ok that's a shame .what I meant was measure the difference and mark the pole that difference .i.e if the top kit is 600 mill longer than cupping kit mark that difference on the pole and ship the pole out 600 further with cupping kit on

richox12

310cm is long. I'm surprised that the kits supplied as std are totally different lengths. That makes things very awkward to say the least.

It's a pain but you'll end up adding a section up the back end when cupping to make up the difference and then marking that section to make sure the distance is exactly the same as the pole when match kit is fitted. Unless...........you're already fishing the pole at its max length.

robert d

Site Supporter
310cm is long. I'm surprised that the kits supplied as std are totally different lengths. That makes things very awkward to say the least.

It's a pain but you'll end up adding a section up the back end when cupping to make up the difference and then marking that section to make sure the distance is exactly the same as the pole when match kit is fitted. Unless...........you're already fishing the pole at its max length.
Its 600 longer with flick tips in so yes youd have to fish pole 600 shorter with them in . I was thinking long 3 or four on cupping kit and shorter 3 or4 on the pole but that doesn't make up the difference.

Barrycuda

hi mate, yea thats what Ive been doing, but its not ideal because obviously Im losing 60cm of distance, and if Im fishing multiple lines at different distances its a right pain. I thought it would be a lot better if I could find a cupping kit I could cut to the correct length.

tedstriker

Site Supporter
get a universal power kit and modify it, i think the avanti top kits are about 3.3m in length

Barrycuda

get a universal power kit and modify it, i think the avanti top kits are about 3.3m in length
Thoughy we were on to a winner there mate, but just looked and theyre too big a diameter. My number 4 is around 18mm and these are 22, if i cut it down itd be too short. This might be my best bet tho, finding a suitably sized universal top kit. Its just finding the right one now

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Most people just discard the No.1 in a match kit and elasticate the 2 & 3, this should bring the match kit close to the length of the power kits. The extra 600 mil is rarely going to make a difference and elastic will flow smoother through a larger bore bush and stiffer topkit.

Barrycuda

Most people just discard the No.1 in a match kit and elasticate the 2 & 3, this should bring the match kit close to the length of the power kits. The extra 600 mil is rarely going to make a difference and elastic will flow smoother through a larger bore bush and stiffer topkit.
Thx for the reply mate, I know thats the norm but Im old fashioned in that I only use up to size 8 solid elastic and aswell as liking the extra feel in the tip when playing small fish, i prefer how that flows through a number one. Also, that extra 60cm makes a big difference when fishing swims of 8-9 feet, as it means I can set 3/4 rigs up without needing extra number 4s or having to mess about winding excess riggage onto winders. Id sooner put the extra length on the cheap end 😀

johnfranks

Browning make a 3mt long cupping kit to go with their long topkits. That might fit the bill. I think you can get one from fishing spares.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
I know it may sound daft but what about a big toss pot? I can't recall the last time I fed with the potting kit