Nazi Britain

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Didn't Hitler have an interest in the Albert Hall? 🍒
Only when it had 'balls' mate 👍

Like who, Hitler?
Oh i don't know Pete, it could have been a good thing, we wouldn't have all the expense of benefits, no career benefits people, no disabled (executed), no sickness because the Nazis were big on 'medical experimentation' , no unemployment , no immigrants coming and taking our jobs, no illegal immigrants wanting to come, no overpopulation (executing anyone who didn't match their ideals of a master race), sons drafted into the military, daughters drafted into breeding programs and being sent to work in 'military relaxation houses' and all the other excellent stuff the Nazis held dear.

If a country/government tried to interfere with their rules/regulations/methods etc they just went to war with them.
Also of course, the first jet fighters (stolen plans from the British) the first 'drones' and the first intercontinental ballistic missiles were all created by the Nazis and were only developed by the allies after they grabbed everything at the end of the war.

Can't really see a downside, can you?

MartinWY

Site Supporter
Wasn't Hitler a huge fan of the British? Probably because of it's imperial past, but I'm sure i read somewhere that he really didn't want to fight us and admired the British Empire. Strange how it all panned out, if true.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I remember asking GCHQ on Twitter when they had a question and answer session what Hitlers plans for Latin America was. I was told that Mexico were on standby and ready to fight. That's interesting to me, what would have happened to 2/3rds of the world had they won. I think we have strong government but the parties are diametrically opposed so people either side with one or the other.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Wasn't Hitler a huge fan of the British? Probably because of it's imperial past, but I'm sure i read somewhere that he really didn't want to fight us and admired the British Empire. Strange how it all panned out, if true.
He wanted the 'Nazi empire' to be the largest in history and planned to use the British Empire as a model.

I remember asking GCHQ on Twitter when they had a question and answer session what Hitlers plans for Latin America was. I was told that Mexico were on standby and ready to fight. That's interesting to me, what would have happened to 2/3rds of the world had they won. I think we have strong government but the parties are diametrically opposed so people either side with one or the other.
Whereas the likes of Argentina, Paraguay, Colombia, Brazil, Ecuador and Bolivia welcomed them (and their money!).

Robwooly

If it wasn't for WW2 and the Germans we wouldn't be exploring our galaxy as far as we are now. Americans first walked on the moon but the Germans built the bus.

Could put that in the strange but true thread. :D

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Whereas the likes of Argentina, Paraguay, Colombia, Brazil, Ecuador and Bolivia welcomed them (and their money!).
I knew about Argentina... there was that rumour that Hitler wasn't dead but living in Argentina... I think a lot of Nazis fled to the countries you mention after the war.

Curlew

Site Supporter
I believe yes, but because of our Saxon/ Germanic roots.

JayD

Site Supporter
I read a few articles that said that Quarry hill flats, in Leeds were earmarked to be his northern administration centre. There were even a few that thought that it was the reason that Leeds didn't get the same amount of bomb damage as some other large cities, despite having a lot of heavy engineering, including the Ordinance factory at Barnbow.

From Wiki
Between 1938 and 1978 Quarry Hill was the location of what was at the time the largest social housing complex in the United Kingdom. The building was designed in 1934 by R. A. H. Livett (1898–1959), the Director of Housing and later City Architect for Leeds. Its design was strongly influenced by modernist developments in Europe, specifically the Karl-Marx-Hof in Vienna, Austria, and La Cité de la Muette in Paris, France.[9] The development was noted for its sheer size and modernist design. It had then radical and modern features such as solid fuel ranges, electric lighting, a state-of-the-art refuse disposal system (Garchey) and communal facilities including a swimming pool.[10] Due to social problems and poor maintenance, the Quarry Hill Flats were demolished in 1978.
John

MrBen

Site Supporter
I’m sure Hitler is alive and well and running my work place 😱

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I didn't realise Quarry Hill flats were that old

JayD

Site Supporter
I didn't realise Quarry Hill flats were that old
Very modern, and 'state of the art' for the late 30s, but looking more like a run down prison, in the 60s when I was in my teens. It became a bit of a 'no go' area for us 'strangers' in the 70s.
The rise and fall of Quarry hill flats, (of 'Queenies Castle' fame to some).

John.