Mysogyny and Me

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Daily I am getting more and more angry that, because I am a man I am presumed to be a mysogynist. To listen to people on the news (e.g. BBC Breakfast right now) one would think that all men are a danger to women. I am sick of it.

Look at the reaction on here to the Sarah Everard murder and you know that the majority of men respect women and will treat them as equals and absolutely abhor any kind of threat against them.

When I was managing a team of sixty staff, probably the majority being female, I was told by one that I was prejudiced against women. I was upset by that and asked my No.2, a mature lady older than me, her opinion. She laughed and asked me if I realised that since taking over the department I had promoted more women than men, I had not. I slept easily that night.

But I have to turn this matter around and look at women themselves. Now I know that I may express myself badly here so I ask for some understanding in what I am about to write. A few years ago I had a conference in Manchester and stayed in a hotel with others attendees. On the Saturday night we ate in a restaurant adjacent to the hotel that was opposite two nightclubs. This was November and the weather not warm. I was astonished to see the mode of dress of many of the young girls going into these clubs. As a father there is no way my daughter would ever have been allowed out of the house dressed in such a fashion.

We regularly see celebrity women on the red carpet wearing clothes that leave little to the imagination. This type of role model tells women that is acceptable to put your tits and arse on display. What message does that send. And the problem is that what they are doing is affecting all women whether dressed in that way or not.

Do not get me wrong. No matter how revealingly or provocatively dressed a woman there is no excuse for a man being less than a gentleman towards her. But surely there has to be some level of questioning over women dressing in a revealing way that, by comparison, a man would never or rarely do.

There are, sadly, some men who are mysogynists, who do see women as inferior and objects to be mistreated, even raped and murdered. But they are far from being the majority of men.

While we do need to address this issue it is not helpful to alienate and criminalise the majority of the male population who pose no threat to any woman.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm glad it's not just me. :LOL: I worked in an office which was over 90% women, only male on my team, and although I'm sure it wasn't intentional, I was left feeling a bit uneasy about the situation. It was not helped by a media which I think has been geared up to promote discord, rather than true 'feminist issues' in the face of the rise of social media and immigration diversity. Basically meaning I used to wake up and watch BBC, come home and read the Daily Mail, and soon got fed up of that, including the job. I'm much happier without that stuff in my life.

SeanB

Site Supporter
I don't suppose we are allowed to mention the inconvenient issue of women falsely accusing men of rape, or lying about their ages. Innocent men have had their lives destroyed or committed suicide, others labelled as paedophiles and placed on sex offenders registers yet I'm yet to see the media labelling all women as the being same.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
One of the other things that makes me angry. To cry rape does not prove rape. And setting targets for convictions can only lead to many being locked up who were led on.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Most blokes enjoy sexist jokes and banter, it does not make us behave badly towards women. It`s like saying the infamous pair
Rose West and Myra Hindly are typical of women.

An angling friend went to court over access to his young daughter. As they were about to enter the court his ex girlfriend said
she would accuse him of molesting the child if he did not drop his attempts to see his kid. My mate phoned me in tears almost
suicidal with rage, some women are despicable, never seem to hear about that.

A short while ago a {so called} man was sentenced to nine years for the horrific rape of a teenage girl. This man had over a hundred
convictions many of them for sexual offences. Why was this walking lump of s**t not behind bars and the key thrown away? The
justice system is useless {the M25 pretend anarchists have shown it up for what it is} and women should be hi lighting this not just
attacking men for the sake of it.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
When I was a nipper, my mum taught me quite a few things.... one of the most useful of these things was manners, and in particular, manners towards women... my wife will readily testify that I'm very well mannered (something that she takes a pride in talking about 🤔)
I offer my seat on trains, or busses, hold doors open for folks behind me (male or female) hell I've even tipped me hat to ladies... I am not, nor ever have been, regarded as a gentleman... but I was taught to act like one... and to be perfectly frank the attitudes of some of these women on the TV and Media are not what I would describe as Ladies...
Sadly a lot of the stuff they spout is purely to illicit a response, but it doesn't do womanhood any favours in their quest to become more empowered (is that the right word/context) I digress... The upshot is, all this "attitude" will do is increase animosity and further misogyny towards women... in the great scheme of things most men are considerate towards women but to tar all men as misogynistic is counter productive... sometimes the feminists shoot themselves in their own foot with constant attacks.... anyhoo... time to get me gear sorted for a trip to the lake tomoz....

TonyA

Site Supporter
Sexual deviants will always try for jobs of power and filling in a vetting form (like a CRB) is not going to stop them. Asking "are you a rapist" is always going to get a "No" answer.
I sympathize with the women who say they can wear what they like BUT there is always a deviant out there who thinks that they are asking for it.
I have no idea how these attacks can be stopped, maybe education but we have the IC's who think differently.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
I don't necessarily think they apply for jobs in power to use the advantage.
More likely they use the power to take the advantage

rudd

Site Supporter
When I was a nipper, my mum taught me quite a few things.... one of the most useful of these things was manners, and in particular, manners towards women... my wife will readily testify that I'm very well mannered (something that she takes a pride in talking about 🤔)
I offer my seat on trains, or busses, hold doors open for folks behind me (male or female) hell I've even tipped me hat to ladies... I am not, nor ever have been, regarded as a gentleman... but I was taught to act like one... and to be perfectly frank the attitudes of some of these women on the TV and Media are not what I would describe as Ladies...
Sadly a lot of the stuff they spout is purely to illicit a response, but it doesn't do womanhood any favours in their quest to become more empowered (is that the right word/context) I digress... The upshot is, all this "attitude" will do is increase animosity and further misogyny towards women... in the great scheme of things most men are considerate towards women but to tar all men as misogynistic is counter productive... sometimes the feminists shoot themselves in their own foot with constant attacks.... anyhoo... time to get me gear sorted for a trip to the lake tomoz....
I am all for equal rights and rightly so.
They can stand whilst I sit on public transport.
Its all about having cake and eating it to! 😇

Fireblade929

Site Supporter
Just wait for the rapists, peado's and other scum that are now conveniently "Identifying as Women" in prison to be released, I wonder how accommodating the media will be when these Women start re-offending.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Still can’t believe some people are saying that people can’t wear what they want to wear.
But can wear bikinis on holiday but get grief for wearing more when going for a drink.
And yes. I have 2 daughters

grey

Site Supporter
Still can’t believe some people are saying that people can’t wear what they want to wear.
But can wear bikinis on holiday but get grief for wearing more when going for a drink.
And yes. I have 2 daughters
I understand what you're saying, but even if you're on holiday, should you be wearing a bikini whilst with your two daughters?

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
There's a level of morality which should be observed - bikinis are okay for beach wear, not for going round town in on a Saturday night