My top 10 film noir

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Just for anyone interested. I became a bit fanatical about film noir a couple of years ago, had a prior interest, but then started watching one every night especially over winter. They help me get to sleep. Very soothing down to the black and white colour and often mellow tones to the dialogue. I must have watched 200, mostly on youtube, but the titles often get a bit mixed up in my head as they're often very similar, and often very similar films. But here are ten that stand out as my favourites.

Detour
Scarlet Street
Criss Cross
Kiss Me Deadly
Killers Kiss
Pickup on South Street
He Walked By Night
Dark Passage
The Big Sleep
D.O.A.

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
I'm sure you've done this subject Z!!! We're not onto repeats already are we? 😉

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm onto repeats of the films unfortunately as I forget which ones I've seen before. I'm like my dad is with Lee Child, Clive Cussler, and Wilbur Smith books. Though I feel like there are some I should watch again as I want to build up proper knowledge of them. Last time I made a thread on the same subject there were a few people who'd seen a few themselves and I spoke to about them so it'd be interesting to hear from them again as it's a bit of a niche subject if you don't watch them. :LOL:

Chervil

Site Supporter
I'm onto repeats of the films unfortunately as I forget which ones I've seen before. I'm like my dad is with Lee Child, Clive Cussler, and Wilbur Smith books. Though I feel like there are some I should watch again as I want to build up proper knowledge of them. Last time I made a thread on the same subject there were a few people who'd seen a few themselves and I spoke to about them so it'd be interesting to hear from them again as it's a bit of a niche subject if you don't watch them. :LOL:
I'm still after a couple

IMG_20210420_201903.jpg

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Haha that's brilliant @Chervil. My dad's reading what he says is his latest one, Legacy of War, at the moment and was going on earlier about how even though it's set in Africa, it mentions the Cadbury family and Bournville in Birmingham (he worked for Cadbury).

Chervil

Site Supporter
Haha that's brilliant @Chervil. My dad's reading what he says is his latest one, Legacy of War, at the moment and was going on earlier about how even though it's set in Africa, it mentions the Cadbury family and Bournville in Birmingham (he worked for Cadbury).
Not sure how much of the actual writing he is doing now days, they are all written with co authors and they seem to be really banging them out. Almost as if they want to get their money's worth before he dies. He'll be 90 in a couple of years.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Not sure how much of the actual writing he is doing now days, they are all written with co authors and they seem to be really banging them out. Almost as if they want to get their money's worth before he dies. He'll be 90 in a couple of years.
All I know is that my dad seems to really like them and will often pick one up from a charity shop or car boot and then realise he's already read it. :LOL:He says, as with the other authors I mentioned, they're usually similar books to each other but a good read.

Chervil

Site Supporter
All I know is that my dad seems to really like them and will often pick one up from a charity shop or car boot and then realise he's already read it. :LOL:He says, as with the other authors I mentioned, they're usually similar books to each other but a good read.
I've got a list of the ones I still need, I will get around to ordering them from Amazon, not new paper backs, but originals, that sell.