My friends daughter bitten by pike

chappo

I'm a Burntwood bloke Paul and missed that bit of news.
Was expecting it to be Chasewater or the Swag to be honest.
Never heard of it happening before and hope she's OK

Paulmlpss

I've seen videos of pike biting people when returning fish but not dangling foot in lol. They go for anything that moves though. I've caught fair few pike out of chasewater and the swag ?

Simon R

Site Supporter
Years ago on our old club water a youngster was returning a jack off one of the platforms.
A much larger fish shot out from under the peg, missed the jack (which moved pretty sharpish) but didn't miss the young lads fingers.

Fortunately it let go almost immediately and he had no more than a couple of puncture wounds - however as with all pike bites he bled like a stuck pig for ten minutes. The situation wasn't helped by his mate trying to convince him to go it again so he could catch the fish. :p

Simon

John Step

Site Supporter
One of our club members ended up in hosp with many stitches in his hand. He made the mistake of swishing his hand in the margin to wash groundbait off.
Mimicks the action of a fish being returned nicely!!

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
A girl I knew was bitten on the foot when she was about 6 or 7 swimming in the Leven canal, after that she was afraid of ever catching one.

marcusp

No evidence it was a pike other than one bloke making a wild guess. I know a few waters where americal snapping turtles have been illegally released and have bitten people in a similar way

Aston_fisher

Site Supporter
No evidence it was a pike other than one bloke making a wild guess. I know a few waters where americal snapping turtles have been illegally released and have bitten people in a similar way
Have you seen the size of the bite mark? I don't see how it could be anything other than a pike.

Dslayer

dslayer
Very laid back for a newspaper!!! Usual story would have been that it was a great white shark!!!