My First Zander, It Was A Double, PB Pike Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

getfishing

Pete
I went piking on the lower severn, Lower Lode to be precose, with a guy I see a lot when fishing normally. It was in a little 10ft aluminium boat with a electric motor. We got there and got the boat in, then trolled up the river with MASSIVE 10" LURES to no avail. We got up to the top by the weir, and put 8" lures on and did a bit of casting,m he, as in Pete hooked into a nice 12lb pike, safely landed and returned. We carried on and I landed the biggest fish of the day, 13lb.

Anyway it carried on like this, until we had a break and I put a livebait on and slung it out, the ratchet went on the multiplier and I struck bt thought I had the bottom, then it started swimming lol. In the fight it fought more like a perch than a pike so I was hoping for a zander. It sure was. It was about 10lb according to his expert eye, no scales involved.

DSC00284.png

I'll get the rest of the pics from the film. Anyway I finished with 3 pike and a zander and Pete finished with 5 pike. He was right when he said that we would lose more fish than land though. He said this wasn't a good day, when its at its best one person would hook one, that person would land the fish and take some film, then as son as the lures are back out you would hook another.

The Big Fella

hi

Well I have to say thats a cracking zander, and picture.....

Congratuations![;)]

Also nice to see a realistic figure stated for it weight wise as well as some people claim about 50% bigger than the fish really is.

For your own personal satisfaction though it may be worth considering asking for some travel scales as they dont need to cost much at all!!! 4 or 5.00 and you can get some that is good enough to use and they weight nothing so can be carried in your kit.

This way when your catching great fish like these you know exactly what size they are, you never know one day you may get a fish close to a record [;)]

If you have had fish as good as this at your age who knows what you will get over time!

Tight Lines![:D][:D]

Last edited:

getfishing

Pete
We had some scales with us but we just didn't bother using them because he's had that much exoerience of pike that I bet he could do just as good as the scales. lol

getfishing

Pete
He said if I had it from a different swim, I would of probably had a 15lber instead of a 10lb fish.

the dog likes it too.
lol, hes not so keen on big stuff with teeth lol

stymie

Smile says it all! Belting fish my man, looks a proper double figure fish that. Wish we had them up our way, would love to have a go at catching one.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Stymie, i've got some silver paper if you want to borrow it mate[:D][:T]

Status
Not open for further replies.